Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Three

Thank you so much to everyone who has reached out to me and sent words of encouragement and cards and Facebook messages and texts.  I have felt so loved and so blessed.  I can't even tell you how much it has meant to me.  This has definitely been the most difficult summer I have ever had.  But, despite the sadness....there have been some wonderful, happy things too.  And that is what I want to concentrate on today!  


My mom always encouraged us not to get down and stay down, but to look for the blessings in your life and be thankful for those.  It makes life so much better and so much happier...even when you are walking through a valley.  So, I'm counting a few little blessings today.  It's not a super long list, but here are three pretty wonderful things that I have loved this summer....

1-Spending time with these cuties.  They are the sweetest gift from God and they brighten so many of my days.  If I'm ever having a hard day....I just need a big dose of these three and I feel so much better.





And, guess what??  We are getting another little bundle of joy in February!  Yep.  Ashley is about to have #4!  I guess she is following in my footsteps.  Haha!  We are so excited for them!


2-Parenthood

Okay...I know I'm late to the party (as usual)....but SERIOUSLY!!  Oh my word.  I am addicted!  We have been binge watching all summer and I love this show so much!  I am about to start back to school, so I've got to hurry up and finish.  If you have been living under a rock or something and haven't watched this yet....you need to fix that asap! Best. show. ever.


3-Friends

Somehow this summer, despite everything that has been going on, I have been able to get together with at least one or two friends every week for lunch or dinner.  Friends are just the best.  Everyone has been so sweet and encouraging.  I don't know what I would do without them.  I even got to go spend the night in Boone a few weeks ago with one of my best childhood friends who was there on vacation.  I got there around lunchtime and we did not stop talking until 10:00 that night.  We didn't turn on the TV or do anything else except sit on the porch and talk!  Then we got up and started again. Haha!!  I love friends like that.  


So...that is my list.  Short and sweet. Just still taking life day by day and looking forward to lots of fun things we have planned in the next few weeks and months.  I hope you are enjoying this last month of summer! 


4 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about those Bravermans. My daughter and I love it, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pic announcing baby no. 4! That is too precious!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was so sorry to read of your loss, Betsy. Your sweet spirit and grateful heart are inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes, the Bravermans. Best show!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I love reading them all! :)