Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Beachin'

Summer is going by so fast!  I can't believe that in less than a month, I will be back in my classroom and back to teaching.  I took the last eight months off to spend time with my mom, but that time is quickly coming to an end.

We didn't have a whole lot of plans this summer.  We thought about taking a big trip for our 30th wedding anniversary in August, but I didn't want to be gone for a long time or go out of the country with my mom being so sick, so we put it on the back burner for now.

We did take our yearly trip to Myrtle Beach last week, though, and we had such a good time.



First of all....the weather was amazing.  It has been hot as blue blazes here lately and honestly, it has been too hot to even be on the beach!  Several of my friends went a few weeks ago and said they didn't enjoy their trip because it was 100 degrees and miserable.  But the week we were there, it was just perfect.  So, thank you God for that blessing!

Steve and I drove down with Ashley and the kids on Sunday afternoon.  We got there late-afternoon and the kids couldn't wait to get out to the beach.  They were so excited, and Will wasn't afraid one bit!





Going to the beach with kids is one of the best things ever.  They are so much fun!

Every morning we would get up and get some snuggles from some cute little bedheads....




We would eat breakfast, and then put bathing suits on and head out to the beach.








After a few hours at the beach, we would usually head up to the pool.  David did SUCH a good job with his swimming.  He would jump in and swim to the side and we were all so proud of him!

video



We even did some night swimming!


We ate popsicles...


Got ice cream...


Made sand mermaids...


And played putt-putt.


About mid-week, Laura, Lindy, Mark, Sean, and Kalli all got there.  We were sad that John had to work, but we loved having everyone else there!  We had lots of fun family time.












We finished up our week on July 4th.  We just made hamburgers and french fries and watched tons of fireworks from our balcony!  David got to stay up for that and he was so excited!


I know Myrtle Beach isn't the most glamorous place on earth, but we sure did have a fun week together!  I will always treasure our happy family memories there.


1 comment:

  1. Hi Betsy,

    I get so excited when you post. :) I've read your blog for years and years (haven't commented much). Love that you had such a nice family time away. I love when you post about what books you are reading. Hope you have read some good ones this summer so far. Hope your mom is doing well.
    Kelly (in Michigan)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I love reading them all! :)