Friday, February 13, 2015

Never Too Old To Try Something New

Happy Friday!  I have had such a fun and busy week.  I did something this week that I have never done before and I was really hoping I would be up for the task.  I kept all of Ashley's three kids (who are all three and under, by the way)--all by myself for three days.



Steve was out of town this week in Portland and Ashley and John finally got to get away on their five year anniversary trip to San Francisco, so it was just David, Caroline, Will--and me--on our own for a few days.  They are all so sweet and precious.  It's just that there are three of them and only one of me and they are non-stop!  Lindy and Sean did come help me both nights get their dinner & baths, which was so helpful.  And once I got over there and started doing all those things I used to do when I had four kids under four, it all started coming back to me and I really had fun.  But I know now why God gives you kids when you are young.  The first night I was there, Will woke up at 3:00 am and didn't go back to sleep until 4:15.  Plus we had a couple of other episodes during the night with the various things.  Goodness.  I had forgotten what sleep deprivation feels like!  Haha.  Thank goodness for Starbucks.


And my arm is sore from carrying Will around so much!  He is a chunk!

We played outside....


splashed in the tub....



and did crafts....



We went to WEE School, Target, and Chick Fil A.  And we built train tracks, fed baby dolls, read books, and watched lots of Dinosaur Train.  I cooked dinner one-handed while holding a baby, which brought back lots of memories!  Haha!

And the three of them had fun playing together too.  They all think each other are really funny and they entertain each other which is so cute to watch!



I love living near my grandkids.  They truly are a joy to me!

This week, I also did something else I had never done before.  I went to a Trivia Night!  Some friends of ours invited us to go with them to a Trivia Night fund raiser for Project 658--a ministry here in Charlotte whose focus is restoring hope to people in our community in lots of different ways.  You can read more about this amazing ministry here.

Anyway....my brother, Brent, is pretty much a trivia genius and we knew that if we really wanted to win, we should invite him and his wife, Britney.  There were eight members on each team and I think there were about 32 tables.  And, guess what???  We won!!  It was such a fun night.  I may have to go to Trivia Night more often! :)


Last weekend it was so beautiful here.  The weather was warm and the sun was shining and it gave everybody a bad case of Spring Fever.  Since it was so nice outside, we decided we wanted to get outdoors while we could and do a little hiking.  There are some fun hiking trails not too far from Charlotte that I have never been to before even after living here for 35 years.  They are in Kings Mountain and that is where we decided to go for the afternoon.  Sean and Lindy met us there.


I'm sure it is prettier when the leaves are on the trees, but we were just excited that it was warm and sunny and we had a great time.


Now it is back to freezing again and we are even expecting snow next week!

And speaking of snow, y'all.  Bless Laura's heart.  I mean seriously.  Here are the latest pictures she sent us from Boston.


And this is her "I'm over it" face....


Too bad they are expecting a BLIZZARD this weekend!!  What in the world?!!

Anyway...it's Friday night and my husband is coming home and tomorrow is Valentine's Day, so I am looking forward to a really great weekend.  I hope you have a great one too! 

1 comment:

  1. It's not for the faint at heart is it? When I keep several, or even two at a time, I am exhausted when I'm done. But I look back at the fun and the memories and I am overjoyed with the fact that they are growing up feeling LOVED. So happy A and J got to get away….What a great mom you are to treat them to that gift!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I love reading them all! :)