Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Hello, February

So....it is February!


This is going to be a busy month for us.  David and Caroline both have birthdays this month.  David is turning four and this sweet pea will be two!  


We also have Valentine's Day and I am keeping all of Ashley's kids by myself (Steve will be out of town) while she and John go to California for a few days!  Other than that, I know I will be spending lots of time with my mom, getting some projects done around my house, tutoring, and doing lots of other fun things we have planned.

Today I am just going to do a little list of what we have had going on here the past few days.

1-First of all...the Superbowl.  Oh. my. word.  What a crazy game that was!  We had my parents and Steve's mom over and I think we had enough food for the entire neighborhood.  My parents and Steve and I were pulling for the Seahawks and Lindy and Steve's mom were pulling for the Patriots.


I was so sad that the Seahawks lost, but I was happy for Laura up in Boston.  She is having so much fun pulling for all the great teams up there!  She is also getting bombarded with so much SNOW! This is a picture she sent me today of downtown Boston.


They have already received the most snow within a seven day period in Boston's history!  And they are predicting another 11 inches this Thursday.  She may never see the ground again!

But...back to the Superbowl.  I thought Katy Perry did a really good job with the half-time show, and I  know a lot of people didn't like all the sappy commercials, but I did!  Haha!  I must be getting more sentimental as I get older or something?  This one is my favorite.  So sweet!


2-Will got his first little haircut last week.  He did so good!  


At first, he was a little skeptical...


But he held still almost the whole time.  Toward the end, he started to cry when she got out the electric clippers, so I didn't get a picture of him and how handsome he looked, but trust me, he was adorable!!

3-We took John and Ashley out to celebrate John's 28th birthday on Friday night.  John loves Asian food and he is a sushi expert, so that is what we got.  


John ordered everything for us since he knows what he is doing.  It was the first time Steve and I had ever gotten sushi out somewhere and we loved it!  I love anything spicy and we got mostly spicy rolls, so I was sold.  


It was a fun night!

4-Since I have been home, I have been so excited that I am finally getting to get little projects done around the house.... like cleaning out closets, the laundry room, and the pantry, and taking lots of stuff to Goodwill!  I always try to do things like that during the summer when I am home from school, but we are usually gone so much I honestly don't have much time.  But now I am determined to use this time to de-clutter and scale back.  

5-I watched the last episode of Parenthood last Thursday.  


I have never seen that show before.  I know....apparently I live under a rock!  I  have heard so much about it and I know there were Parenthood parties all over the country last Thursday night, so I know how good it must be!  I know my own parents are addicted.  Haha!  And even though I had never seen it before, it made me teary just watching the last one!  Good grief!  Now I am going to have to go back and start the whole thing over from the beginning.  There are just TOO many good shows out there.  I don't know if I will ever get through them all!  Did you watch?  What are your favorite shows that I should add to my list?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I love reading them all! :)