Sunday, January 4, 2015

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year!


I hope you had a wonderful start to 2015!  I honestly have no idea what 2015 is going to hold for me.  I am taking it one day at a time this year and just trying to enjoy each day and accept whatever God sends my way.  I hope I grow closer to Him and more like Him through the journey.  I am sure the year will be full of all the things life is made of...joy and sorrow, laughter and tears, friendship, fun, family, and lots of new adventures.  I do have a few really big changes in my life coming up soon that I can share in a few weeks.

We have had such a great week here at home.  My December was sooo busy, so it has been the best thing ever just being able to hang out and relax!

Steve and I went to dinner on New Year's Eve using a gift card we got for Christmas.  I'm pretty sure it was the first time we have had a minute to sit and talk together in about a month!  Haha!  We had such a good time remembering 2014 and planning some fun things for 2015.  I am so glad I have him to share life with.  He is one of the biggest blessings in my life....every year!


On New Years Day, we usually have a traditional meal with black eyed peas and collard greens and I love that meal!  But this year, my kids (mainly Mark) requested taquitos.  So taquitos it was!


These are soooo good!  They are one of my favorite meals, too.  Here is the recipe from Eat Cake For Dinner.  There is secret to making them extra delish though.  You have to use La Costena green salsa.  You can get it at Wal Mart and I always stock up on it when I am there.  It is spicy and has that little extra kick that I love!

On Friday, I went over to Ashley's to keep this little angel.


I'm telling you, he wins for SWEETEST baby on the planet.  I can't get over his sweetness.  He hardly ever cries and just smiles his way through life.  Plus, he likes to snuggle and that melts my heart.


Ashley took David and Caroline to Discovery Place to see a dinosaur exhibit.  David has become so interested in dinosaurs all of a sudden.  It's cute to watch him learning about new things.  They love any chance to get out and do something fun.  Those two are high energy!!  Steve went with Ashley to take them to the park over the weekend so they could run around a little bit.



Saturday was pretty much one continuous football marathon!  First we watched the ECU game.  Sean came over and we made wings and all kinds of football food.


Then it was on to the Panther's playoff game.  More laying around and being lazy.  We were so excited that they won!!



Today we had to say goodbye to Laura.  She flew back to Boston this morning.  Steve had to be at church and Mark was gone out of town to visit a friend, so Lindy and I took her to brunch at one of our favorite little places here--Toast.


I was sad to see her go, but I know how much she loves her life in Boston and I am so thankful for all the friendships she has there and her job and her amazing church.  We are already planning a trip to see her soon!

So...now it's almost time for school to start back and real life to set back in tomorrow.  I can't wait to watch the new season of Downton Abbey that is starting tonight.  And then it will be early to bed and ready to get back to work tomorrow morning!

Praying for all God's blessings on you this new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I love reading them all! :)