Sunday, November 2, 2014

Our Snowy Mountain Weekend

We had such a fun weekend in the mountains!  I have never been in the mountains when it has snowed this much....especially this early in the year!

We drove up to Boone on Friday after school to meet our neighbors.  Woodlands Barbeque is one of our favorite places to go when we are there, so that was our first stop.  It was dark when we got out of the car.  The air was sooo cold and you could smell that smoky, woodsy smell that always is so distinctive when you are in the mountains.  I felt like my blood pressure started dropping automatically!

After dinner, we stayed up talking and catching up for a little while, but I am always so tired on Friday nights because I have to get up early every morning for school, so I was off to bed around 11:00!

When we woke up on Saturday morning, this is what I saw...


It had snowed probably 5-6 inches overnight and everything looked like a Christmas card!  It was so pretty!

We just took our time getting up.  We drank our coffee and made breakfast and just sat at the table talking together.  My neighbor, Carol, LOVES puzzles and every time we go to the mountains, we always work one,  This time she and I started one on Saturday morning, but by the end of the weekend, we had finished two!


Carol and Steve brought their dog, Jazz, who is the sweetest thing.  We loved having her with us!


After we got dressed, we headed into town.  Lindy and Sean drove up and met us in Boone.  It was still blowing snow!




Usually we spend our day hiking and doing all kinds of outdoor things, but it was way too cold and snowy for that, so I got some hot apple cider at my favorite candy store, Kilwin's, instead!


Then we spent the rest of the day shopping in all the cute little stores...


And eating lunch at Our Daily Bread.


Once we started back home late in the afternoon, the roads were getting bad, so we decided to stay in for the night.  That was a great decision.  We grilled steaks for dinner that were so yummy!


And we just hung out by the fire & watched football...



played games...


and laughed alot.

When we woke up this morning, the guys had to try some sledding since everything had frozen over during the night!


It really was a winter wonderland!  I have never seen this much snow this early in the year and I loved it!



After sledding and packing up the cars, we said goodbye.  We are so blessed with such wonderful friends.  They are like family to us and we have shared so many fun memories through the years together.  And this is definitely a weekend we will always remember!


We made one more stop in town for lunch and then we headed back home.  We had the best weekend!  I still can't believe we got so much snow on the first of November!  It was so much fun.




3 comments:

  1. That snow is beautiful! Sounds like a lovely cozy weekend in the mountains!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a perfect weekend!! Looks like a Christmas postcard cozy fun and good friends and family nothing better:)Love it! ps thanks for your sweet comment on my blog! You are wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pictures of the cabin and the guys sledding...really do look like a postcard! So beautiful. I can't believe you guys had snow this early. A taste of what winter will be like...lots of snow?? :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I love reading them all! :)