Thursday, November 6, 2014

November Things

It has been a regular week here.  It is getting very November-ish.  It is getting dark early and all the leaves are turning so pretty.  The middle of November is usually when the leaves here are at their peak.  That is in about a week!


I have started to get "holiday brain" thinking about Thanksgiving and who is bringing what and I have been starting to do some online Christmas shopping.

I got my first red cup of the season....


And I am officially addicted to all the yummy Bath and Body Works candles that are out at this time of year.  Apparently I like the seasonal candles because my favorites are Autumn and Winter.



And I laughed when Ashley sent me this text this week....


Exactly!!

Balance is always challenging at this time of year for me.  I want to do all the fun holiday things and be the best mom and holiday hostess, but I am so busy at school too.  I get up every morning at 5:15 and I am at my desk by around 7:15.


It is a full day of teaching and loving on kids and that can be tiring sometimes, but I know it is what God has called me to do.


After school we have had things going on every night this week.  Tuesday night I kept David, Caroline, and Will for Ashley so she could go to MOPS (Mothers Of Preschoolers).  Usually Steve goes with me, but he had a meeting at church that night so I was on my own.  It is a different story when I am there by myself!  Haha!  I wonder how on earth I ever did it with four babies under four years old?   I know there were times when I was stressed out, but time really does erase all the bad memories.  All I remember now is all the fun we had!

Will had just started a new formula that he wasn't a huge fan of the night I went over there.  He was very serious and even a little fussy.  Poor little thing.  He is always the SWEETEST angel, so I hate it when he is not himself.

And this cute thing just has my heart.  We were sitting in the chair together watching Frozen and I got out my camera to take a picture.  She saw the camera and said, "CHEESE!!"  Ok...she is just a doll baby.


Ashley took this picture of her not too long ago that I just love...


Poor David had pink eye that night.  Oh my word.  It looked so awful!  But thank goodness he is feeling better now.  When Ashley sent me this first picture, I could hardly stand to look at it.  That's the worst case of pink eye I think I've ever seen and I have seen LOTS of pink eye in my years of teaching!  Bless his heart.


Last night Steve and I met Lindy for Mexican food and then came home to watch the CMAs.  I thought Carrie Underwood looked so cute pregnant.  I love her and Brad Paisley hosting together.


Tonight we finally had a night at home, so I made us a big pot of homemade vegetable soup.  I am planning on reading a little bit and maybe watching an episode of The Good Wife and getting to bed early!  Tomorrow is Friday!! Woo hoo!  We don't have any big plans for the weekend except getting dinner on Saturday night and that's the way I like it!

2 comments:

  1. That is a really bad case of pink eye! Poor guy! How did it get to be November?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry Betsy! I commented under my daughter's name - Barrett. I did not realize she had signed in on my laptop! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I love reading them all! :)