Sunday, October 26, 2014

It's Finally Fall!

It has been a beautiful fall week here!  It seemed like it took a long time to get here this year, so I am so glad to see it!

We have had lots of fun things going on.

I don't know if it's because I have three girls or because I teach children, or because I loved playing with baby dolls so much when I was a little girl, but I have always been such a big fan of American Girl dolls and all the stuff that goes with them.  My girls all loved them when they were growing up, too, and they loved all their cute clothes and accessories.   I still have fun looking through the AG catalogs and I think I could seriously collect American Girl dolls right now even though I am all grown up!   I just think it is a classy company.  I love that many of the dolls are tied to a period of history and that they come with books that tell stories about what life was like during various eras.  I also love the quality of all their products and that they represent everything that is sweet and innocent about childhood.  Anyway....needless to say, I was super excited when I heard we were getting an American Girl store here in Charlotte!  Last weekend was the grand opening and I was so excited to go!!  Now that Caroline is getting old enough to start playing with dolls, I know I will be spending a lot of time (and money!!) there!


The store is sooo nice!  It has a little bistro in it and is so pretty with everything you could ever dream of.  I loved it.  I called Ashley when I left and told her all about it and she and Lindy went the next day.  They loved it too.  I think Santa may be bringing Caroline some fun goodies from there this year!


Our week was busy like always with school and work.  Ashley and I have been laughing all week at a new obsession Caroline has.  It's puzzles!  Oh my word...she is addicted!  She wants to do them over and over and over again and one night she even wanted to skip dinner so she could work a puzzle instead.


When Ashley tries to take them away from her or tell her it's time to do something else, she has a major meltdown.  We have both been amazed at how much she likes them and how good she is at them.  Her little nineteen month old brain must be very spatial and logical!


On Friday, we went to hear one of my favorite authors and speakers....Bob Goff!  His book Love Does is definitely one of the best books I have read lately, so I was so happy we got to go hear him speak.  I even got to hug his neck!

On Saturday Ashley and John went to a wedding, so we kept the kids all day.

We had the best time!  We played in the park, went to Chick-Fil-A, and Target.  We let them each pick out a toy.  David picked out a Lego set that he and Steve worked on for a long time.  David stayed so focused and intent on that project even though it took them a long time to finish it!  He was so excited when it was finally done that he even put it by his bed when he went to sleep!


Caroline picked out a grocery cart.  She pushed it all the way out of Target and all the way to the car.  Then she wanted to hold it all the way home.  Haha!  I think she liked it!


After naps, we went to David's soccer game and then we came back to our house to play outside.


I made Mexican and ice cream with chocolate syrup and sprinkles.  Then we gave them a bath over here and took them home.  They were so sweet and precious the whole day!



Today was another beautiful fall day.  We went to church and then ate lunch outside to enjoy the pretty weather.


Meanwhile, we have been texting with Laura who is in NYC going to the taping of the Michael Buble holiday special at Radio City Music Hall! What!!???  If you have been reading my blog long, you know how much I love Michael Buble.  You may have read about it here, here, here, here, here, here, here, or lots of other posts!!  Haha!  So...I am just a tiny little bit jealous of her today!!




And, before I leave, I just wanted to share a Facebook post from Jen Hatmaker (another one of my favorite people) that I read today.   I feel like I could have written it myself.  It is exactly the way I feel about my mom's ALS diagnosis.  I just love this.  Anyway....I will leave you with this and now I am off to the pumpkin patch with Lindy to get a pumpkin to carve.  I hope you have a great week!

I always wondered how I would feel about God if one of my main people got really sick. What would I think about Him if, say, my mom gets cancer? I am here to tell you that this isn't the conundrum I thought it might be: God is still good and He still loves us. I just know that. I suspected I would know it but you can't be sure about your beliefs when all is well.
I got up early today and sat with God awhile to see how I felt about Him.
I determined after a bit that I loved Him, mainly because He loves me so well, but even the Bible said we love God because He first loved us, so I think He'll take it.
Isn't it good to know? That okay, here we are, we have cancer, we have surgeons and oncologists and this is OUR BEST AND ONLY MOM and we don't know how this is going to go, but God feels as true and good as He ever did when no one was sick. It doesn't all disintegrate. The anchor holds like we hoped it would.
Don't be too terribly afraid of life, dear ones. God loves us and is for us in sickness and in health, for better or for worse, for richer or poorer, as long as we all shall live.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I love reading them all! :)