Monday, February 17, 2014

The Weekend

We had a good weekend.  Lindy and I woke up on Saturday morning and went to our new favorite place, Toast, for brunch.  It is funny because last Sunday we went there right after Steve left for Portland, and then we ended the week there again while we were waiting for him to get home.

Steve finally made it home from Phoenix on Saturday afternoon.  I was so happy to see him.  He left last Sunday and was in Portland most of the week, but then he got stuck in Phoenix on his way back because of the snow and couldn't get home.  It seemed like a long week without him!


Since we didn't get to celebrate Valentine's Day on Friday, we went out on Saturday night.  He always treats me like a queen.  We went out to dinner at Bricktops and then went for dessert at a little place downtown.  It was such a nice night.

Yesterday we went to church and then Ashley asked if we could keep David and Caroline for a little while.  They are the sweetest things and we love spending time with them.  We fixed them lunch and then took them to the mall for a little while.  We played on the little indoor playground and went to the Disney store.  They are just fun to hang out with.  (And adorable and kissable, too.)


This weekend I ran across several blog posts that were so good.  I love the blog world because there are some really good writers out there who are able to communicate things that I think so many people are going through.  And they do it so well!  Anyway...this was one of the best things I've read in a while on being a mom of older kids.  It was called Dear Lonely Mom of Older Kids.   I would have said the exact same things as she did if I could write this well!  Anyway...it hit the nail on the head!

This is the last day of my super long break!  I have been so spoiled.  I am about to spend the rest of the day just enjoying the sunshine and having fun before it's back to reality tomorrow!

2 comments:

Vicki @ lifeinmyemptynest said...

Thanks for the link to the blog about parenting older kids. So perfect! It is a fine line between respecting their privacy and sharing your life. It is true what they say - bigger kids = bigger problems.

dee said...

Thank you so much for sharing that link. It brought tears to my eyes; my children are 26, 21, and 19. It is definitely spot-on.