Friday, January 3, 2014

What I Learned In December

Happy Friday!!  The stars must all be lining up or something because somehow I have managed to blog for two or three days in a row!  I'm just trying to savor the moment because I know it is short lived.  Haha!

Today I am linking up with Emily Freeman at chatting at the sky to share what I learned in the month of December.  So...here we go.

1-I have a love/hate relationship with hosting events at my house.  I hosted lots of dinners and parties at my house in December and it can get a little stressful when I am rushing around before everyone gets here trying to get everything to fall into place at exactly the right time.  But once everyone gets here and I am wrapped up in the fun, I am always so glad I had a house full of people I love and we got to make some fun memories together.


2-I forgot how much fun Christmas can be when you have little ones to buy for!  We had so much fun shopping for these two this year.



Something about it just brings all the magic back.  :)

3-I am not a fan of 70 degree weather in December.  I was so glad it didn't stay around long.  Christmas just isn't the same without cold weather (and occasionally, if we are reeeallly lucky, some snow!)

4-Simmering cinnamon sticks and cloves on the stove is the best Christmas smell out there.  It reminds me of my childhood...way back before Bath & Body Works or Yankee Candles.  I love candles and have them burning all the time, but put this on the stove and all of a sudden, it's Christmas!

5-It was confirmed in December that one of the best things in life is starting a fire in the fireplace, pouring a cup of hot tea, and watching a movie in your pajamas.  I love that!


So...those are just a few of the things I learned in December.   I would love to hear what you learned!

1 comment:

  1. #1 and #2 are certianly true for me too - it was such fun to buy gifts for our niece's first Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I love reading them all! :)