Monday, January 27, 2014

Three In A Row

We had a good weekend.  I took the day off on Friday so Ashley and I went to lunch together.  That was fun because we never get to do that by ourselves.  When I got home, Lindy and I did a little shopping together.


We didn't do a whole lot Friday night, because Lindy was kind of sad.  She found out on Friday afternoon that her boyfriend, Sean's dad has kidney cancer that has spread to his lungs.   We knew he had lung cancer, but we didn't know it originated in his kidneys.  It was not good news.  We are just praying hard for him and trying to stay hopeful.


Saturday I was so glad to see Steve.  He has been gone all week, just like he was last week.  I have missed him!  He had jet lag and Saturday was a cold, dreary day so we took a nap when he got home.


I'm so glad he doesn't have to go out of town again for a while.

January is a busy birthday month for us.   My neighbor and good friend, Candy's birthday is on January 25th.  We have been celebrating birthdays together for 14 years now.  I went down to her house to take her her present and she was still in her pajamas and watching a movie.  That sounds like a good birthday to me!!  I am so thankful for her and all our fun times together through the years.  She is like family to me.


Sunday was John's birthday.  I don't talk too much about John on my blog because he is not a huge fan of social media and is kind of a private guy.  But I am so thankful for him.  He is the best dad and husband for Ashley.  He is a hard worker and is such a good provider for his family.  He is smart and funny and a strong leader.  We love him and thank God that He brought such a good guy into Ashley's life.


Then today was my niece Bailey's birthday.  She turned seven.  I will never forget the night she was born.  It was Steve's parents' 50th anniversary and they had a 50's themed party.  We left the party when we found out Bailey had been born and went to the hospital dressed in our 50's poodle skirts and saddle oxfords and pony tails.  Haha!  I'm sure we looked pretty funny in the maternity ward dressed in our 50's clothes! :)  We celebrated with her tonight at La Unica, one of our favorite Mexican restaurants.


I sure am thankful for all my sweet family and friends.

We are on a snow watch for tomorrow.  It probably won't do anything, but they are expecting at least an inch or two.  I hope we get at least a little something!!  Teachers wish for snow days just like the kids do! :)

3 comments:

  1. We get out of school at lunch tomorrow in case we get a snowflake after lunch ;-) I'd rather have a snow day that involves me getting to sleep late.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for Ashley's boyfriend's father. I am sorry to hear the news.

    I love a good nap!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for her boyfriend's Dad. :( I hate cancer.

    I want snow!! Hope you get some. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I love reading them all! :)