Sunday, January 12, 2014

The Best

How was your weekend?  Mine was really good and I got so much done.  I was kind of sad this weekend thinking about Sean's dad and it poured rain all day on Saturday which can bring on a case of the blues sometimes, but I thought I would share the BEST things about my weekend, instead, since there were a lot of good things too.

Best night of the weekend:
Friday!  I have the sweetest husband in the world.  He always treats me like a queen.  He knows how much I love going out to dinner at a fun place and having a date night.  This is the text I got at school on Friday afternoon.



Best accomplishment:
I got all my Christmas decorations put away and now my house is all clean and de-cluttered.  It was about time and it feels good.

I also finished my Candace Cameron book, Balancing It All, in about two nights.  And I am not trying to necessarily read the Bible through in a year, but I am just trying to read it through period!  Haha!  I finished Genesis this weekend.  I'm telling you what, the Old Testament is as good as any soap opera out there!

Best buys:
I ordered Restless by Jennie Allen on my Kindle and I am excited about reading it after seeing so many bloggers recommending it last week!


And I got this to use in my class when I want to make hot chocolate for my class (or hot tea for me!).



It's an electric kettle.  One of my friends told me about it and I am in love with it already.  It heats water up SO fast.  Seriously....just about as fast as a microwave!!

Best recipe:
I tried Mix and Match Mama's Rustic Cobbler.

via: mix and match mama


I used blackberries and it was so good.  I have a cobbler recipe that is almost identical to it, but sometimes I forget to fix it.  I saw this recipe on Pinterest and it reminded me to try it again.

Best old music and movies that I revisited this weekend:
I forgot I had this CD in my car until Lindy drove my car and had it playing when I got back in.


Y'all know how much I love Michael Buble!!  So, I have been listening to it all weekend.  I especially love his duet with Reese Witherspoon on Something Stupid.


And Marley and Me came on TV today.




Oh my goodness.  I LOVE that movie!  It is sad, but I just love the story of their life together.  I can relate to so much about it and I love that a lot of it is filmed in Florida where Steve and I have spent so much time together in our marriage.  All those places look very familiar to us and we have lots of similar memories there.

Best time spent with my family:
Ashley had us over to watch the Panthers game today.  John got tickets and went with his Dad, so, after church, Steve, Lindy, and I went over to watch with her.



She made cheese steak sandwiches and we had lots of chips and dips and even some football brownies.


Sadly, the Panthers lost.  :(  But I got to hug and kiss on David and Caroline and see Caroline taking steps like a big girl!!  They always make my day!




I am thankful for a good weekend.  Hope yours was good too!

3 comments:

  1. Lovely interesting things in review of your week. Pictures excellent.
    - Hilary from British Columbia, Canada

    ReplyDelete
  2. That last picture makes me smile. Those are the cutest kiddos!!

    Can you believe I've never seen Marley and Me? I think I heard from the start it was sad and that kept me away.

    I always love reading about your weeks, Betsy. This is a refreshing place to visit :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Favorite pic is of Caroline looking at her big brother…so sweet!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I love reading them all! :)