Monday, January 20, 2014

MLK Fun Day!

Happy MLK Day!  Today is that day that everybody loves because we get to get off work and have a long weekend, but there is a lot of importance to this day, too.  I am thankful for a man who had a passion for making the world a better place and all the courage it took to stand up for things that are right.

We had a really fun day today.  It was great to be able to stay up a little bit later last night and sleep in this morning.  Lindy had been wanting to go to lunch at a new little restaurant that has recently opened up in Charlotte called Tupelo Honey.  So, we did that today!


It serves all kinds of yummy southern food.  I got blackeyed peas, mac and cheese, fried okra, and fried green tomatoes.  It was really good.  Lindy got a gluten free grilled veggie sandwich and fizzy berry punch.  We both loved it.


After we left, we met Ashley and David to see Frozen.  We all really enjoyed it.  Cute story, cute songs, cute characters....a perfect Disney combination!  David was so excited to see it and he did great.  


It was super crowded in the theater, so we didn't get to sit together.  But I took a picture of him right when the movie started.  He had his icee and was mesmerized.  Ashley said he sat still and watched the whole thing!


It was fun having a day off today and hanging out with my girls and David.  We always have a fun time together!


Tomorrow it is back to work.  It is Spirit Week this week, so I am sure everyone will be excited and energetic tomorrow on Tacky Day!  Haha.  I better get a good night's sleep! :)

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you are blogging again! I've always loved reading your blog! You have the most precious family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your girls are so cute! Glad you had a day off to enjoy your family. <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I love reading them all! :)