Monday, January 6, 2014

Brrrrrr!!

Today was our first day back at school and it was soooo cold!  I am thankful that we weren't in the single digits like a lot of the country today, but for us, it was freezing.  I am not a huge fan of winter.  I like a few snow days and I love doing wintery things inside, but when I have to take my kids out on the playground and it feels like I am turning into a popsicle, that is when I am over it!  


I do love seeing kids in their little hats and scarves, though.  Ashley took this picture of David and John tonight as they were about to to run some errands together and I thought it was the cutest thing.  I sure do love that boy!


My kids were so excited today to tell me all the things they got for Christmas, but I think all of us had a little "holiday hangover".  It was hard getting up early and coming back to school.  I stayed up and watched Downton Abbey last night and it was so good!  I just love that show!!  But then my mind kicked into school mode and I started thinking about everything I needed to do today and I couldn't get to sleep.  I hate when that happens!  And since Steve has been sick, he hasn't been sleeping very well either.  So between the two of us, it was a restless night.  I will fall asleep easily tonight though, so tomorrow will be much better.

One of the things I always do at the beginning of January is have my class come up with four resolutions or goals for 2014.   We did that today and we talked about what we can do to make this year an awesome year.  They always say the cutest things.


Our county is on a two hour delay tomorrow morning, but we are a private school, so we are going in at the regular time.  I am just excited because we get to wear jeans and our principal sent out an email tonight saying we could wear Ugg boots if we wanted to!  I am pretty much addicted to them lately because they are so comfortable and warm!! 

I hope you are staying warm and cozy wherever you are!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I love reading them all! :)