Monday, December 30, 2013

R & R

This holiday has been so nice.  It has been a perfect balance of relaxation and fun and getting to see lots of friends and family.

Friday afternoon, Laura and Lindy and I went to see Saving Mr. Banks.  We had tried to see it the day after Christmas when apparently the whole wide world is at the movies.  It was sold out, so we had to wait until Friday.  It was worth the wait, though, because it was really good and such an interesting story about the making of Mary Poppins.  Now I want to watch Mary Poppins again to get all the little details I missed before.  Plus, I love Tom Hanks, so anything with him in it is a hit for me!


Saturday night we had our neighbors over for what we call Chili and Cheer.  If you've been reading my blog long, you know how much we love our neighbors.  We started Chili and Cheer about twelve years ago and we have kept up the tradition each year even though our kids are all grown up now.  It is always a fun night together!


Sunday morning we got up and went to church.


I am so thankful for my church.  I love my pastor and the people there so much.  If you don't have a church that you love, I hope you are able to find one in 2014.  I really don't know what I would do without my friends that feel like family and a place to get blessed every week by excellent preaching and worship.

Anyway...after church, we came home to watch the Carolina Panthers win the NFC South title and begin their road to the playoffs!!  Woo hoo!!


I was sad that my favorite player, Steve Smith, was sidelined with an injury, but I am praying he gets well before the playoffs.  At least our first week bye will give him an extra week to recover!


We are extremely excited about the awesome year we have had!  I am pulling so hard for them to make it to the Super Bowl!

And, one more thing....if you are looking for something delish for breakfast over the holidays (or any time!!),  you HAVE to get to Trader Joe's and get some of these...


It is like a mini trip to Paris.  I am not kidding!

I still can't believe I have another whole week off!  Yipee!  I am off to start enjoying it.  :)

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe I have missed buying those Almond Croissants!! Can't wait to try them!! And I am also looking forward to Saving Mr. Banks! Mary Poppins is my all time favorite movie!!!

    Happy New Year !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This holiday is proving to be lovely! I love the idea of 'Chili and Cheer!'.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I love reading them all! :)