Sunday, December 1, 2013

Hello December

I can't believe December is here...ready or not, right?


Thanksgiving came and went and all my kids are leaving and going back to work & school.   We took this last night...Mark's last night home before he had to leave.  :(  I sure have enjoyed having him and Laura home!!


 I have one more day until I have to go back to school so I am trying to enjoy every minute.

Our Thanksgiving was so good.  I always host it at our house every year and we have a lot of people come over.  It usually ends up about 25 people or so.  It is crowded and loud.  We have chairs everywhere and you practically have to yell to be heard sometimes, but I always look around at everyone here and just thank God that He has given me another year with my sweet family and extended family.  Some of our family members weren't able to come and some people have gone on to be with the Lord.  We really missed them,  but I am just thankful for the ones of us who are still here and still get to enjoy being together.

Here are a few pictures from our day...



This is one of my favorites of the whole day of Ashley and Caroline...


Here are a few more of everybody...







It was also Steve's mom's 74th birthday so we had fun celebrating her!




We have had so much fun over this break.  We slept in, watched lots of football, went to the mall just to look around, went to lunch, made a fire in the fire pit, watched Christmas movies, ate chili and homemade soup, and just spent time as a family.

We got our Christmas tree up..


And I got to see lots of my two favorite sweetie pies...






I know the next few weeks are going to be super busy and full of lots of fun things to do and places to go so I am so thankful for this quiet few days we have had to rest and enjoy our family.

2 comments:

Love Being A Nonny said...

We are truly blessed aren't we? Beautiful family!

Michelle said...

Y'all sure are pretty people. :-)