Friday, December 27, 2013

Christmas 2013 & A December Review

I hope you had a great Christmas!  Our Christmas was really good and full of family and friends.  We had lots of parties and fun but we also had time to focus on the real meaning of the season, too.  I loved it.


Since our December was super busy, I haven't been very good about blogging and keeping up to date on everything, but I don't want to forget all the fun things we did.  So.... I am just going to do a quick December review so I can remember what happened!

Every week on our calendar seemed like we had one event right after the another.  This is an example of one of our weeks....

*Monday-we had an Elder's party at our pastor's house.

*Tuesday-Steve took Nicholas, his "little brother" to a party where Cam Newton spoke.  They had a lot of fun together!  Nicholas also had a December birthday, so Steve took him to get wings.


*Wednesday-Steve had a company dinner.

*Thursday I took two little girls who were in my class last year to Barnes and Noble for hot chocolate and a book talk after school (since they won a silent auction we had),  but Steve and I did get to spend the evening at home.  Yay! :)

*Friday night we went to dinner with two of our life-long friends, Calvin and Connie.  We have been friends since high school and Calvin was in our wedding.  Every Christmas for the past 16 years, we have been getting together for dinner.  This year we went to Brio's Italian Restaurant and had so much fun hanging out with them. It's one of the things we look forward to the most.


*Saturday night we headed downtown for dinner with some other friends from work.  We went to Ruth's Chris Steakhouse.  I had never been and it was really good.  Downtown Charlotte is so pretty at Christmas time!

Anyway...you get the idea!  I'm sure life at your house is the same.  Besides all that, some of the other highlights of this month were...

*Boston got hit with tons of snow, so we got lots of pictures of Laura and her friends in a winter wonderland!


*We did TONS of "Christmas-y" stuff in third grade--lots of stories and fun crafty things!  One of the stories I read each year is The Legend Of The Candy Cane.  It's such a sweet book and tells the story of the true meaning of Jesus' birth and His life.  


*We spent time with David and Caroline...



*Mark took his first semester of law school finals.  It was so stressful that the school brought in therapy dogs to help everyone relax!!


*Lindy was my little elf this year.  She helped me shop and wrap and cook!  I don't know what I would have done without her.  She also got some awesome potential job opportunities this month that she is waiting to hear back from and she has also been busy keeping up with her fashion blog.


*We decorated Christmas cookies...


*Mark and Laura came home and Laura brought her friend, Claudia.  We took them out to dinner at Cajun Yard Dog one night to celebrate everyone being home!!



*And we had our staff Christmas party at work where we got spoiled rotten!


On Christmas Eve, we went to our church's candlelight service, which was so beautiful.  We love our pastor so much and he speaks the truth every time he is in the pulpit.  He has been doing a December series on the Songs of Christmas and he continued it on Christmas Eve.  I am loving it.  Plus just hearing Christmas carols sung by candlelight is so beautiful to me.  That is definitely one of my favorite things every year!


We got a quick picture of our kids with some of their cousins after church...


And I grabbed a picture of my kids in front of the Christmas tree in our church's gathering space.  These are five of the biggest blessings in my life!


After the service we always go over to Steve's sister, Debbie's house for soup and chili.  She is always so sweet to host us and the food is always good! 







Christmas Day was a whirlwind of family and gifts and we had a full house all day.  Here are just a few of my favorite pictures.









My Aunt Francine is 90 years old and traveled all the way from Texas to spend Christmas with us!  I hope I am as healthy and spry as she is when I am 90!!



It was busy and loud and what family is all about.  I wouldn't want it any other way!

On Christmas night, we headed over to Steve's mom's house.  She is the sweetest and always makes a big meal for us.  Her house is so cozy and decorated so pretty.  This year we played a White Elephant game and it was really fun!







We had such a good Christmas and made lots of fun and special memories.  I am so thankful and blessed.

5 comments:

  1. What a busy month! I am so pleased to hear you all had such a wonderful Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love your updates and seeing the fun things your family does! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all your photos! Looks like it was a special and memorable Christmas for y'all! So jealous that you have so much family in town.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What is the name of your daughter's fashion blog?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kimberly, it is called Trendy Lindy. Here is the link!

    http://www.trendylindy.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I love reading them all! :)