Sunday, October 13, 2013

Wedding Weekend & Some Exciting News!

We have had the best weekend.  All my little birds were back in the nest this weekend, so we had a full house and I love that!  Mark and Laura came home because our next door neighbor, Bobby, was getting married.  If you've been reading my blog long, you know that our neighbors are like family to us.  Our kids have grown up together and we've shared holidays, vacations, births, deaths, weddings, graduations, and everything in between with them.  Right next door are the Lawrences (Steve, Carol, Bobby, and Michael) and then two doors down are the Sherrills (Skip, Candy, Kelsey, and Melissa).  All our kids are stair steps in ages with Ashley being the oldest and Melissa being the youngest.  Now Melissa is the only one still in school and everyone is all grown up with their jobs and marriages and babies, but they are all still very close and we love them like our own kids.  This is a picture from 2006 when we went on one of our many mountain trips together.


This is one of my very favorite pictures ever.  They love each other!


Here is the last picture we took of all of them at Christmastime last year.  (It was dark, so it's a little blurry.)


Anyway...we love our neighbors and had fun this weekend celebrating Bobby.  But first let me back up to Friday night!

Laura and Mark both got in on Friday and were here when I got home from work.  Laura hasn't been home in a really long time, so it was so good to see her here!



I made taco soup and cornbread with pumpkin crunch for dessert.  Laura wanted to carve a pumpkin while she was home, so she and Lindy carved two for us (with David's help!)




David was writing a note to Grandaddy while he helped carve.  He told me it said, "Dear Grandaddy, I hope you had a nice day!  I love you."  Sweet thing.


Here is how our pumpkins turned out...


We made a fire in the fire pit and made s'mores and just hung out and talked.  It was such a nice night.

On Saturday morning, we met Steve's mom for breakfast at one of Laura and Lindy's favorite places...The Flying Biscuit.  Their food is so good (but a little pricey!)  so we don't go there that often.  But when we do it is always yummy.  (I got an omelette with mushrooms and feta inside and a tomato-basil sauce on top, plus their "creamy dreamy" grits and a sugar biscuit!)




 By the way, this picture reminds me that Lindy found her doppelganger this week in a magazine!



Lots of people that have seen it have commented to her that they thought it looked just like her and I have to agree! :)

Anyway...Saturday night was Bobby's wedding.  Ashley and John came over to ride with us.  Here is a picture of me with two of my girls as we were about to head out the door...


The wedding was very nice and it was sentimental watching Bobby stand up there looking so grown up and knowing he was about to start a brand new chapter of his life.



We had a great time at the reception.  There was amazing food and dancing and we laughed a lot and just had fun.









It was so dark in there that lots of our pictures have red eyes.  Oh well...that's how it goes I guess.  I love the one we took right before we left of all the neighbors together, but I wish our eyes weren't so creepy!  Haha!


I am so thankful for my neighbors and all the good times we have shared through the years!

And, speaking of thankful, I have one more thing to share with you that we are so thankful for and excited about....
Yep...Ashley and John are expecting Baby #3!  She is due in April.  We are so happy for them.  God has been so good to us!

8 comments:

Deidre said...

I'm so excited for you all! Your family has changed so much since I started reading your blog. Another sweet blessing coming your way - yay!

Emily said...

Congratulations!! Blessings to you and Ashley!!

The Garners said...

Looks like such a special weekend! Congratulations on the good news!

dee said...

Weddings are always so much fun! And, congratulations on the exciting baby news!

dee said...

I made your carrot cake recipe this weekend for our daughter's birthday! I used a sheet cake pan; it was so moist and delicious! It will be my go to carrot cake from now on. Thanks again for the recipe. Hope you had a good weekend.

Christal said...

YEAH!! that is so exciting wow!!! Awesome no greater blessing than faith and family and you are very blessed with both love your blog and you!!

Alex and Jill said...

I'm so happy for your family!! Another beautiful Grand on the way. Ashley really does have beautiful babies!

And I wish you were my neighbor. Love your sweet family.

His Doorkeeper said...

A new baby is always such a blessing…especially if it a new GRANDbaby!!! Congratulations!!