Wednesday, August 7, 2013

What's Happening On Wednesday

Today marked something very important on my calendar.  I now have exactly one week until my summer is over and I start my new school year.  *sigh*  As much as I love my job, it is still very hard to say goodbye to these carefree summer days that I love so much!!  There are a lot of things I am looking forward to about fall, but getting up really early and having way less free time are not on that list!

This week I have enjoyed being back at home after lots of traveling over the past month.  I have been trying to get organized before the school year starts back up.  I have been doing lots of school planning in addition to trying to do some things at home that will make my life easier each day that I am working.  One of those things is meal planning.  I have found the BEST website for meal planning and I have had so much fun using it this week.  It is called ZipList.  Have you ever heard of it?  You NEED to take a minute to visit their site and see how awesome it is.  All you do is put their little button up in your toolbar and it works very similarly to Pinterest.  Each time you find a recipe you love, you just click on your ZipList button and it pins your recipe into your recipe box.  Then when you go to plan your meals for the week, you pull the recipes you want out of our box and assign them to a day of the week that you want to use them.  And the best part is, it takes all the ingredients from your recipes and makes a grocery list for you!!  Yay!!  It is so easy.  Plus you can sync it to your phone so your list is right there when you go grocery shopping.

We have been trying to spend some time with David and Caroline this week, too.  I really missed them while we were gone!  Ashley and John had us over for Mexican food on Saturday night and David was his usual cute self.  We played with sidewalk chalk and played cars and got some little boy smooches.


Then Monday I went to the pool with Ashley so David could swim for a little bit while I held Caroline.  He is doing so well with jumping in and going under!

And today I kept both of them while Ashley went to lunch with Lindy and my niece, Brianna.  Caroline is cutting those two little bottom front teeth and she has started sucking her bottom lip all the time.  She is so cute I can hardly stand it.



Meanwhile, I am almost finished with my latest Kindle book...Bread and Wine by Shauna Niequist.


I have loved it.  I just love her writing style, plus it has some really good recipes in it!  She has two other books that I'm planning on downloading now since I liked this one so much!

One more thing...I am so excited about my new blog design!  I have been wanting a more updated look and something just really clean and streamlined and I think Aubrey Kinch Designs did a perfect job at helping me get the look I wanted.  Thank you Aubrey!!

So, that is what is happening here on this Wednesday.  I hope you are having a good week, too!

2 comments:

  1. ZipList sounds phenomenal; I am going to look at it now! And, I love your new blog look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your new blog look! So clean and neat!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I love reading them all! :)