Monday, August 5, 2013

The Pacific Northwest-Part 2

Today I wanted to finish up our trip to the Pacific Northwest.  The last place we went was Vancouver, British Columbia.  I had never been there and it was so beautiful.



Here is the view from our hotel window...



What I loved about it was that it was a big city similar in a lot of ways to New York or Chicago, but it was very clean and there were beautiful mountains and water all around it.  So you kind of got the best of both worlds!

We did so many fun things while we were there.

We walked along the sea wall one day (which is a VERY long walk, by the way!).  Our hotel was right on the water and little planes took off and landed in the water all the time from here.  It was so interesting to watch!




We shopped and browsed in the city.


Lindy and I spent an afternoon together shopping one day while the guys did other stuff.


We went to Stanley Park and saw some GIGANTIC trees and beautiful nature trails.





We hiked in Cypress Provincial Park.




Lindy and I didn't go quite as far as Steve and Mark did.  We wanted to go back a little early and get some drinks in the lodge!



We saw the most amazing sights like these that made me just in awe of God's beautiful creation.





And we ate some really good food!  The Cactus Club was probably our favorite restaurant that we tried.  This quinoa salad was so yummy...


On our last night there, we went to Gastown, which is a quaint little part of Vancouver, and got dinner.  It has lots of shops and restaurants and we had a good time hanging out and having dinner there.




When we left Vancouver, we headed back to Portland, but on our way we stopped at the Columbia River Gorge, which is so pretty.



Then we did some hiking at Multnomah Falls.  That might be the most beautiful waterfall I have ever seen!



We spent the night in Hood River before flying out the next morning and ate dinner at Brian's Pourhouse.


I got fresh trout, cheesy polenta, and sauteed green beans that were delish!



We had the best time together and made some really fun memories.  I am so glad we got to go on this trip together!

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful area!! We did a similar trip several years ago and I loved it!! Your pictures are great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I just love your pictures. I have always wanted to plan a trip like this and visit this part of the country. After reading your posts and seeing your pictures I cannot wait!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We were in Vancouver several years ago and it is still one of my favorite trips. We rode bikes in Stanley Park :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I love reading them all! :)