Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Home Sweet Home

Well, we made it back from the beach.  Ashley and I were the last ones to leave so we drove home with David and Caroline in the back seat.  They slept most of the way and did so good until the last 30 minutes or so.  Then they both melted down.  That was a long drive for them, though, so I would say the trip was a success overall!


It has been a nice week at home even though it has been cloudy most days.  It has just been one of those regular weeks of running errands and doing laundry and just the usual.

I thought I would share just a couple of quick things with you today.  

First of all, when we were at the beach last week, we didn't try to go out to eat but one night.  It is just too hard with two kids under two, so we ate at home almost every night.  We usually get seafood when we are at the beach, though, so when I came home I was craving some!  The first night I was back, I made Pioneer Woman's Recipe for Shrimp Scampi.  I have made it lots of times and it is a big hit every time!  Plus it is super quick and easy.  If you like shrimp, I bet you would love it!


Have you been watching all the Royal Baby coverage for the past few days?  It has been so much fun to see all the excitement over little Prince George.  I felt kind of sorry for Kate having to come out less than 24 hours after giving birth and talk to the press.  I know I would have hated having to do that.  But she is so naturally beautiful  and sweet and I love how she just is who she is.  She didn't try to hide her little post baby bump and she looked like all the regular mommies in the world do the day after having a baby! 


I remember when Charles and Diana got married.  I was a junior in high school and I was at the beach with my family.  (Steve had come with us, too!  Haha!)  My mom and I woke up at 5:00 in the morning to watch it on TV and I remember thinking how elaborate and romantic it was.  



Then it wasn't too long before Baby William was born and I watched that on TV, too.  


So, it was neat to see everything come full circle yesterday.

Mark has been getting ready to move to Washington in a few weeks and start law school there.  I am excited for him.  It is going to be intense, but he will do great!  I was keeping Caroline this morning when he woke up, so I wanted to get a picture of him with her before he leaves.  She sure does love her Uncle Mark.  He can make her smile so big!  It's cute.



We are leaving for the West Coast tomorrow for a little trip with Lindy and Mark.  We are visiting Portland, Seattle, and Canada too.  I have never been to Canada, so I am looking forward to seeing it!

5 comments:

  1. I just love Will & Kate. :) She's a natural beauty. And classy.

    One of my close friends just moved to Canada. I can't wait to go see her! You'll have to tell me how you like it there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adored watching the Royal birth, it reminds me of my childhood of growing up in the English countryside. I was so happy for William and Catherine!

    I went to Marylhurst University in Portland, so I spent several years in West Linn and Lake Oswego. You'd love Pittock Mansion it has a panoramic view of Portland and Mother's Bistro has the best eats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always love your updates! You have such a fun family! Have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I love reading them all! :)