Tuesday, February 19, 2013

I Heart February!

I am so behind on my blogging for February. In an effort to just get myself caught up, we are just going to share the highlight reel today! :)

Spirit Week

Oh what fun that is! A whole week of kids dressing up and being crazy. They love it though! This was Neon Day!

 

Super Bowl

We had a low key Super Bowl. Ashley, John, and David came over and we just ordered pizza. Steve and David watched for a few minutes together before David got bored and wanted to play! Haha.


Kidney Stones

Laura got kidney stones! Bless her heart. She ended up in the hospital and in so much pain!


 
It was also flash flooding in Boone that night so that made it worse. They gave her pain medicine and sent her home and she eventually passed it. I hate not being able to be near my kids when they are sick!

David's Birthday Party

Ashley had David's birthday party a little early since she was afraid she might be in labor or have a brand new baby on his real birthday! He had a Mickey Mouse party and was the cutest thing. He had so much fun.

 



Cast Iron Waffles

Laura and Lindy introduced me to this yumminess. Oh. my. word. These waffles are to die for. I've already been back again and I took Steve with me this time! He loved it. Who can resist anything with Nutella on it??



Valentine's Day

I sure do have a sweet husband. We have been together since we were 16 years old and he still sends me flowers every Valentine's Day. I love him!



Stop Hunger Now

On Valentine's Day, we packed meals at school for Stop Hunger Now. I love that ministry. Here is my class all ready to go with our hair nets on. Haha! We look like a bunch of cafeteria workers! :)



Snow!

We finally got some beautiful snow this weekend. Steve and I were supposed to go to dinner with some of our good friends on Saturday night. Then right before we left, it started snowing like crazy! It was so pretty but I wondered if we would regret going.



The roads never got too bad, though. And we had the best time with our friends Dave and April who we've known since high school.

Here is our house the next morning...



Skiing

Since it snowed on Saturday, Steve decided to go up to Boone on Sunday and go skiing with Laura. He is such a good dad. They had fun together. :)

These two make me laugh!





Now we are just waiting for Baby Scott to get here. It may be this week! I will keep you posted!

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like y'all have been very busy. Cannot wait to find out if baby Scott is a boy or girl?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your kids at school look like the cutest, most fun bunch! I know they must love you!

    Excited to hear when baby #2 is here!!!

    Loved the update.

    I need those waffles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to hear about the baby! David is so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Betsy, I had a kidney stone when I was a senior in high school--worst pain I've EVER felt in my life! Poor Laura. I'm sure she won't forget that experience for a long, long time.

    Excited about the new baby...I'm sure you'll keep us posted!

    Oh, and our church is doing a meal packing event in April. Will participated last year as part of his community service project but hoping the whole family can get in on the action this year. Such a great idea and ministry.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's hard to believe your new grand baby will be here so soon! David's party looked adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I love reading them all! :)