Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Baby, Baby

We had a really good weekend celebrating sweet baby Caroline.  I forgot to tell you that Mark had knee surgery the same day she was born!  It was just a coincidence because he had the surgery scheduled for a while.  So he was at home recovering the night she got here.


Laura and Lindy came home for the weekend to see her.  We had fun hanging out together and catching up with them.  They had to get their baby fix and give some cuddles to Caroline. 


I can't believe they are almost to the end of their senior year of college.  We spent a lot of time talking about getting apartments and applying for jobs, etc.  All my kids are about to be all grown up!

Saturday morning we woke up and went to Cast Iron Waffles (our new favorite.)  Then, since David's birthday was Friday, Steve, Laura, and I picked him up and took him to the mall to play.  He LOVES the mall--especially playing in the cars and the Disney Store.   He was in such fast motion that I could barely get a picture of him.  He was just a blur!






Saturday night we just stayed home and hung out and then Sunday morning we went to church together.  Sunday was a gorgeous day! 


We met for lunch at Brixx pizza and then everyone spent alot of the day outside.  It was even windy enough to fly a kite!  Ashley and John brought David and Caroline over for a little while.  Steve finally got to hold her.  He had a cold this week, so he wanted to wait to he felt better.



Mark had to take a turn, too.


Laura, Lindy, and I watched the Oscars together on Sunday night.  I was glad Argo won.  I loved that movie.  I liked Les Mis too, though, and I definitely thought Anne Hathaway deserved to win for best actress!

John went back to work today so I told Ashley I would help her today and tomorrow.  She took David to Barnes and Noble with Mark and I got to stay home and rock this angel.





 I could just kiss her sweet cheeks all day!  Goodness gracious she is presh!!

3 comments:

  1. Oh she looks so tiny! I can barely remember my girls being so small. I need to pull out the pictures. LOL

    Sounds like Ashley is recovering well...already out and about! That's great!!

    Every time you speak of the waffle place, my mouth waters.

    Davis is a doll...going to be the best big brother.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a really great weekend! That sweet Caroline is adorable!! She's so tiny and sweet and new! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations- Caroline is precious!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I love reading them all! :)