Saturday, January 12, 2013

Winter Warm Up

My house is empty again. Both my sweet girls have gone back to school and now my house feels really big and quiet.



I love having them home. We always have so much fun together. They cook for me. (This week Laura made some really yummy vegetable soup that we ate for dinner and I took the leftovers to work.) They clean for me. Every day they have the kitchen all clean and spotless when I get home with candles burning and everything organized. They really are little mommies. Plus we have fun going out to dinner and laughing at funny things on YouTube or watching TV shows together.

I can't believe this is their last semester of college. What on earth? I am about to have all adult children and Steve and I are going to breathe a big sigh of relief and satisfaction that we actually put four kids through college and they all graduated with no debt. (Really he did the most of it, but I helped! He is such a good daddy.) Anyway...I'm so thankful for my family and what a good Christmas break we had. And I am glad Mark is back home for a little while until he goes to law school.

This was my first full week back to school. It is so funny how quickly the rat race sets back in. Steve was super busy and I worked late hours trying to get back into the swing of everything. I love my students though and had some sweet moments with them this week.


We also did some cute winter stuff. Third grade is still a fun age.


Life just continues to move ahead at the speed of light.

Last night I made tacos and guacamole and then we had Family Movie Night and went to see Zero Dark Thirty together. Everyone liked it alot! I thought it was very interesting to see just how the capture and killing of Bin Laden took place. Mark said it was one of the best movies he's ever seen. (He likes stuff like that! Haha!)

Believe it or not, it is 74 degrees here today. Is that crazy or what?


John, Ashley, and David came over to wash their cars since it was so nice. Here is David looking out the window waiting to go outside and help.


He played so hard on his bike and tractor and helped wash the car. Then he got sucked into watching the NC State game with Steve and Mark. Steve is telling him all about the game and teaching him to say "Go Pack!"


He sat with me for a while and ate a little snack while we watched the game.


State won against Duke so that is HUGE! Steve and Mark were so happy!


Ashley posted this on Instagram after he got home.


Bless his heart....he was worn out from all the fun! He loves Mickey Mouse and Toy Story right now. You can see his Mickey and his Buzz Lightyear in the bed with him. Isn't that the sweetest little boy picture? I know I'm a big mushball, but I love that angel. He seriously brightens up my day every time I see his precious face.

I am so blessed.

4 comments:

Love Being A Nonny said...

Love everything about this post except that State beat my Dookies! :)

I always LOVE to hear how much you care about your students and your job! What blessed families to have you in their lives!

Ibukun said...

That little boy is beyond cute. Words cannot begin to describe :')

Claire said...

Just so sweet!

Christal said...

I just love your blog your family, fun things you do and real life! You are a breath of fresh air Betsy!! Love ya!!!