Thursday, January 3, 2013

Hello 2013!

Today it was back to reality for me. It was our first day back at school. It wasn't too bad. I really love my job and I actually missed my sweet kiddos while we were out. I am thankful that I don't dread going back to work. Plus, we had such a nice long break, I really can't complain.

I feel like I've gotten to have lots of time to have fun with my family and relax over the holidays. And my class gave me so many nice gift cards for Christmas! I had fun using them to go out to eat, see movies, get my nails done, and shop. Laura and Lindy and I met for lunch after church on Sunday and it was all courtesy of a gift card! I am so spoiled.


How was your New Year's? We didn't do much for New Year's Eve but I like it low-key like that. First Laura, Steve, and I went to dinner at one of our favorite places, Hickory Tavern.


Then we came home and our neighbors came over for dessert and coffee. We played games and watched Clemson v. LSU in the Chick-Fil-A Bowl. Our neighbors left before 12:00, though, and I had to be woken up to see the ball drop! I was sad that this was the first year without Dick Clark. It seems like I've spent every New Year's Eve of my life with him!

On New Year's Day, I was hoping to take down our Christmas stuff, but nobody was in the mood to do that, so we decided to wait. I made the traditional New Year's Day meal of pork tenderloin, homemade collard greens, black eyed peas, rice, and jalepeno-cheddar cornbread muffins. My kids said the smell of those collard greens cooking all day was giving them a headache! Haha! I used Paula Deen's recipe, though, and they tasted good even if they don't smell so great. And the cornbread muffins were delish!

One of my Christmas gifts arrived yesterday. My new boots! I already got some Uggs for Christmas. (I had been wanting some for so long!) And then when we found out Laura was moving to Boston, we decided we all needed some better snow boots and warm clothes for when we go visit her, so Steve got me these boots, too!


Now, I just need some snow to go with them.

And now for a little dose of precious...


Oh my word...when Ashley sent this to me, I thought I would die from the cuteness of it. Does he look 16 or what??

I love that sweet boy!



1 comment:

Kodi said...

What kind of boots are those? I've been looking for some exactly like that!