Wednesday, December 26, 2012

December & Christmas 2012

I think it's pretty obvious from this neglected little blog that December was extremely busy at our house. But it was all good. It was full of trips...parties...family time...all the things that make December so special. It would take me a really long time to tell you all about it, so I am just going to highlight some fun things we did.

*Took David to a live nativity scene. We took David to the same live nativity scene that we used to take our own kids to when they were little! It was so sweet. He was really curious about everything and he knows the story of Baby Jesus, so I think it was neat for him to see it acted out.


*Did "Christmas-y" stuff.

Decorated the tree...


Went to look at lights...


Watched our favorite Christmas movies...


And listened to lots of Christmas music...


*Took a trip to Portland, Oregon for Steve's company Christmas party.

I have never been to Portland before this year, but I really like it! Steve and I had so much fun having a weekend away to Christmas shop and relax. It was cold and rainy, but we had the best time anyway!




Plus we got to get all dressed up for a big party with lots of good food, friends, and dancing!


*Chili and Cheer

Every year for the past 12 years, we have gotten together with our neighbors for chili and just hanging out together. Our kids have grown up together and we all feel like one big family. This is one of my favorite nights of the whole Christmas season. Our kids are all grown up now, but they still love each other and have lots of fun getting together.





*Bouldin Family Christmas

In my family, we have decided to stop exchanging gifts with the siblings and instead, we just enjoy getting together and spending time together. We all bring something yummy to eat so it is easy on everybody. I am so thankful for one less stress in our life of trying to figure out what everybody wants and spending more money. All we really want is to spend time together anyway! In this picture, my brother, Blake is telling some kind of funny story and he has everybody listening intently.


This year was extra fun because David is old enough to understand Santa Claus. Plus, my little neices Bailey and Brooklyn are at that magical age where they are really excited about Santa, too. Blake decided to call Santa and he had the best time pretending to see if all of them were on the "naughty" or "nice" list. This was their reaction when they found out they had all made the "nice" list!



I love our family times.










*Christmas Eve

This year, we had one of the BEST Christmas Eve services at our church that I can remember in a long time. I love our new pastor and I loved what he had to say. We had a candlelight service this year and ended the night singing Silent Night accapella and it was just beautiful.

After church, we went over to my parents' house for dinner. It was a nice night.


*Christmas Day

This is the last year that Santa is going to visit our house. All my kids are going to be grown up and out of college, so we decided that it was time for Santa to focus on seeing the kids who need him more. :)

We woke up and opened presents with just our family, then my parents came over along with Ashley, John, and David, and my brother Brent and his family. I always make a big breakfast for everybody and then we opened presents together.


The best part of the morning was David getting his "big green tractor" that he has been wanting for so long! We couldn't wait to see him open it. He had so much fun riding it around in the street. Bless his little southern heart!



Christmas night we went over to Steve's mom's house. We had a good time eating some delicious food and exchanging gifts together! We even did a white elephant ornament exchange this year and that was fun.











It was a wonderful Christmas. I am so thankful and blessed!

5 comments:

Kiki Nakita said...

Looks like ya'll had a wonderful Christmas. Such a big family :).

Claire said...

Sweet times! I love the shots of David with his tractor - what a sweetie!

Love Being A Nonny said...

I can tell it was wonderful! M
Erry Christmas to you and your family and that adorable little David!

Lauren said...

Sounds like a fantastic Christmas! Just love you and your precious family!!!! :)

The Garners said...

It does sound like a wonderful Christmas! You seem to have such a sweet, close family! Happy New Year to you all.