Friday, December 28, 2012

All Is Calm (Finally!)

Don't you love the days after Christmas? I think I might enjoy them as much or more as the days before! It just feels so good to have all the busyness and rushing around behind me and nothing to do but totally relax!

I have been cleaning and doing some laundry, but I haven't tried to do much else. I am not one who takes all the Christmas stuff down the day after Christmas. I know a lot of people do, but I usually leave mine up for about a week or so. That way I can continue to enjoy it for a while longer. I usually try to take everything down around New Year's Day. As long as I get all the rest of the Christmas clutter put away, I am okay with the tree and the lights staying up.

For the past two days we have been doing a whole lot of nothing really. We have just been reading and running little errands and relaxing. David and Ashley have come over and hung out with us so that he could play with his new tractor and I kept him for a while today while Ashley had a doctor's appointment.


Is he the CUTEST thing or what?? He loves Mickey Mouse and got this big one for Christmas.


Last night Steve and I took Laura and Lindy out to dinner and to see Les Miserables.


I thought it was so good. We had a little bit of mixed reviews about it though. Laura and Lindy didn't love it, but Steve thought it was great! (That is a real twist. Usually L & L love musicals and Steve is not so big on them!) I loved the themes of redemption and forgiveness and I thought Hugh Jackman and Anne Hathaway did an amazing job. It was really long though. And I didn't know that they literally sang every single word in the whole movie practically! I'm sure it is going to win all kinds of awards.

Today was a very cozy, peaceful day at home. It was so cold outside, so I made my friend, Sophia's Creamy Cheesy White Chili for lunch. It was delish! Everybody loved it.

And I finished my latest book on my Kindle Fire. It was Mary Beth Chapman's book Choosing To See. It is just about her life and how God gave her the strength to get through the death of her sweet little girl, Maria, whom she had adopted from China. It was an easy read and it didn't take long at all to finish it.


My kids have been in relaxation mode today, too. Mark is a big reader and he got some good books for Christmas...


And my artsy child, Laura, sat at the table coloring for the longest time today! :)


Steve and Lindy had to work today, but tomorrow is Saturday, so they get to join our relaxation party! The only thing we are missing is the snow that all my blogging friends in Arkansas are getting. That would make it all perfect!

5 comments:

Deidre said...

I love to see your son reading 'just because'. And David is such a cutie. I love to see his smile!

We've been relaxing a lot around here too. I don't know how we're going to start back to school. I don't want to think about it!

Emily said...

We went to see Les Miserables last night too! It was amazing! I agree with you about the days after Christmas...so relaxing and wonderful! Merry (belated) Christmas! )

Love Being A Nonny said...

Thank you for sharing the books you read! I will be sure to read this one!

Looking forward to Les Mis!!!

Claire said...

I love the amount of time I have to read during this part of the year :)

Christal said...

How cozy!! I love reading your blog what a great christmas and some awesome relaxing days!! Kind of like that around here although I'm ready for routine and to take my tree down:) Congrats to mark that is awesome! and can't wait to watch les mis!! Happy new year to you all!!