Friday, November 23, 2012

Thanksgiving 2012

We had a really good Thanksgiving this year. Over the years it has become the tradition to have Thanksgiving dinner at our house and everybody brings something. It is really easy for me because all I have to do is make the turkey and a few sides and set the tables.

I was telling a friend that I really do love Christmas, but Thanksgiving is running a close second and I appreciate it more every year. It is all the fun and family time but not all the stress of spending a lot of money and shopping. (I have pretty much decided I am not a big shopper. I don't hate it if there are not crowds, but Black Friday sounds like torture to me.)

We had almost 30 people come over yesterday. It was a beautiful day so we got to spend a lot of time outside which was nice and our house was very full and loud and noisy. Good times!


There are so many things I am thankful for and I know it is a little late, but I wanted to list them anyway (and share a few pictures at the same time!)

I am thankful for:

1.My sweet husband. Even though we've been married for a long time, we still LIKE each other and have fun together. That's a good thing when all your kids leave home and it's back to just the two of you!


2. Ashley-She is my daughter, but she is also my friend. We talk on the phone or see each other every single day and we "get" each other and have lots of the same ideas and interests. She is so much fun to be with. Plus she married a great guy who takes such good care of her and is a wonderful daddy. I am thankful for having John as a son-in-law!


3. Mark-I couldn't ask for a better boy. He is funny and smart and he gives really good hugs. And he still calls all the way from Washington to tell me he loves me and ask about how we are doing. (He's really good with kids, too!)


4. Laura and Lindy-They help me know what to wear and they love to hang out and talk over coffee. They are my little homemakers and always help me cook and clean. And they keep me up to date on the latest trends in books, movies, music, and clothes. I would be way more "retro" without them! Haha!


5. David-This little boy has brought so much joy and happiness into our lives for the past two years. I adore him and I can't wait to meet the next baby that is coming in March!


6. My extended family-I love all the brothers, sisters, parents, cousins, neices, and nephews that make up our really large family. They all mean so much to me and make my life more fun and interesting with all their unique personalities and their love and kindness to me.






7. My friends- I still keep up with lots of my high school friends. Plus I have friends I have known forever at church. I love my teacher friends I have made through the years and our neighbors who are like our family. Friends are one of the best gifts God gives you and I have been so blessed with the friends He has given me!


8. Little things like my Kuerig (my new best friend)& my Kindle Fire (I love that thing.) I read books on it, watch movies, play games, and all kinds of stuff. It's so great! I am thankful for my warm bed, a fire in the fireplace, hot soup on the stove, my space heater, the way the air smells at night when I step out onto my porch, the mountains, the beautiful fall leaves...


sweet notes from my kids...


and so much more.

9. My church-I love my church and spend a really big part of my life there. I worship there and teach there and I love that it is a place of encouragement and hope and love and ministry all rolled into one. This is a picture of the way it looked when I was driving into my church parking lot the other morning...




10. God-Of course, none of the other blessings in my life would exist without Him. He is the giver of all good gifts and I do not take any of it for granted.

I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

6 comments:

Lana said...

What a sweet post! Glad you had a great Thanksgiving!

Deidre said...

Sweet list, Betsy! Happy (late) Thanksgiving to you and your family!

Love Being A Nonny said...

You are indeed blessed!! Beautiful family! I love the smocked outfit David has on! And, I love what you are thankful for!

Claire said...

Betsy, what a sweet, sweet list. Blessed indeed!

Lauren said...

I just love this!!! SO glad you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!!!! :)

Christal said...

Love your sweet family! Looks like a great thanksgiving!!