Sunday, October 21, 2012

I Love October

October is one of my favorite months of the year. I love these beautiful, blue skies we are having and the leaves are starting to turn here and it feels so good outside. It makes you want to stay outside all day!


It is almost the end of the first quarter of school, so I have been busy this week working on report cards. I love my job, but it is intense. Teaching is just one of those jobs that is physical and mental, so by Friday night I am usually so tired and ready to do something fun and relaxing. This Friday night, we decided to go to a little town right outside of Charlotte called Waxhaw. It is like stepping back in time because it is so quaint and cute. This is the barber shop all decorated for Halloween!


For dinner we went to an Italian restaurant called Mama Leones since we had a coupon for it.


We had a good time and the food was pretty good. Then we just came home early and hung out and watched TV.

Yesterday we took Steve's mom out to breakfast. There is a little restaurant near her house that serves a good ole country breakfast so it's fun to do that sometimes. Then she came with us to take David to the pumpkin patch.

This pumpkin patch has corn mazes, water pump games, a straw house, riding toys, tractors, and lot of other fun things for kids so he had a ball!







We went to Chick-Fil-A for lunch which is probably his favorite place ever. Then it was home to do yard work and grocery shopping and laundry. I made a big pot of homemade vegetable soup for dinner and we watched the South Carolina game which did not go well. It was still a good Saturday!

Today Steve took his little brother, Nicholas, to see the Panthers play the Cowboys. I wish I could have gone, but I had to work on report cards and David came over to play for a little while.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We have been busy for the past few weeks. Here are a few things we have been up to lately:

*Last weekend, we went to see Argo with Ben Afflek.


Have you seen it? I loved it! What a good movie. I think good movies are hard to find, but I would highly recommend that one.

*Taking David to the park.




He is at the cutest age and loves playing on all the slides and climbing toys. Plus the weather has been so gorgeous, it's a treat to get to be outside with him!

*Spending time with my girls while they were home for fall break. They both only got to be home for a few days, but it was nice catching up with them. I can't believe Laura is moving to Boston this summer. I will miss her so much!


*Watching the presidential and vice-presidential debates. Those are always interesting and I have alot to say about it, but I will just keep my thoughts to myself! :)

*I got a Kindle Fire HD.


I am pretty much addicted now. It is so much fun! I have been downloading movies and books and enjoying every minute of it. I love that thing!

*The latest book I am reading on my Kindle is The Same Kind Of Different As Me. It is soooo good. It might be the best book I've read this year. Such a sweet story.


On another note, I have a question for you. I had a friend stop by today and we were talking about how she gets keratin treatments for her hair. She has curly/frizzy hair just like I do and she said these treatments work really well for her. Have you ever had a keratin treatment? If so, what did you think? I was just wondering if they were worth the money!

The next few weeks are going to continue to be a whirlwind. I have parent-teacher conferences coming up and next weekend we are going to the mountains with the whole family. Ashley and John are bringing David, Mark is coming with his girlfriend, Laura is already there, and Lindy is bringing her boyfriend. I am looking forward to a houseful of family and some mountain fall fun.

I can't believe it is getting close to holiday season! I am trying to soak in every minute.

6 comments:

petrii said...

It sounds like you are having a lovely Fall Betsy!! We took Sir Cuteness to a Pumpkin Patch yesterday too. It was so fun to watch him have so much fun.

I have an iPad and love reading books on it.

A fall weekend in the mountains surrounded by family sounds amazing!!

Have a super and Blessed week ~~ dawn

Lana said...

You have been busy! David is just the cutest thing! We visited the pumpkin patch this weekend, too!

The debates are driving me crazy with the talking over each other, but I have enjoyed watching them! Last one is tomorrow night! :)

We have report cards and parent conferences coming up within the next 2 weeks, too. Such a busy time!

dee said...

Since you asked! ;-) I am 51 and the older I get the frizzier my hair gets. In the last two years I have had two Keratin treatments and am getting the third in November. It is awesome, very much worth the money. Mine each lasted between four and a half and five months.

The Renfrows said...

I just reserved Same Kind of Different from the library-thanks for the recommendation!

Immeasurably More Mama said...

I've had a Brazilian Blowout and was really happy with the results. I have thick, wavy, coarse hair and it gave me smooth, soft hair for several months. I think there is a difference in the quality and safety of products so check with your salon to review the product they use.

Emily said...

I agree - I LOVED Argo! True story moves are the best! And my book club read Same Kind of Different as Me last year, and everyone agreed it was the best book we'd read in a long time. :)