Saturday, September 8, 2012

This Week

How is your weekend going? I sure do appreciate weekends so much more during the school year! It has been a busy week like always. I've had lots of meetings after school and we have been watching the DNC and I have been trying to take notes on everything they are saying. We like to watch both of the conventions and really try to listen and learn. But I have been staying up way too late!

This week I also tried a new recipe from Pinterest that I absolutely LOVED. (I have tried some dud recipes from Pinterest, but this one was so good!) I thought I would share it with you because I promise it won't disappoint-especially if you like spicy stuff like I do! It was Baked Creamy Chicken Taquitos With Creamy Cilantro-Lime Ranch Dressing. Steve and I both thought it was a "keeper"! :)

Mark came home this weekend to get a few things he needed so I was happy to get to see him. We took him to dinner tonight at Carraba's. That is one of our favorite places and we had fun listening to him tell us all about how it is going in Washington.


He is loving living there. He is enjoying his internship and he is also working at Gold's Gym, so he is staying very busy. He is about to start applying to law schools, so he really has a lot going on right now.

Today Ashley and I went to a shower for our friend Faith. She is having twin baby girls after many years of waiting, so we are so happy for her!


The shower was so nice and her sister, Grace, did an amazing job getting everything ready. It was all so cute and the food was delicious!


I was so glad I also got to see my sweet friend, Mandi. She drove all the way from Florida just to come to the shower. She is one of the sweetest people on the planet and I just love her. We had so much fun catching up. I wish I could have spent more time with her! And I finally got to meet Rachel. She is also expecting a little girl! I love meeting blog and twitter friends.


The blog world is full of expectant mommies lately! By the way, did I tell you that Ashley is expecting another baby? She is due in March and we are so excited! I was so cut out to be a Nana. Bring it on!

When I got home, it was kind of dark and rainy and Steve and Mark were both gone, so I decided to take a nap and watch some of Downton Abbey.


My mom gave me the whole first season on DVD. I had seen the first one, but now I am really getting into it more. I am now up to the fifth show of that season. (The third one was really good!!) Have you ever seen it?

I also got the first season of Revenge on Netflix.


A friend of mine was just telling me how much she liked it and that I should try it. I haven't watched it yet, but I am going to try to this week.

And, guess what we finally broke down and bought this week? A Keurig! I know I'm way behind everyone else, but I have loved finally having one. I only drink one cup of coffee in the morning anyway, so this works out perfectly.


And I love how you can make hot tea or hot chocolate with it, too!

Tomorrow is our pastor's last Sunday at our church. He is retiring and we are getting a new pastor very soon. I will miss our pastor, but I am excited to see what God has in store for our church. It is going to be an exciting time for us! So, I better get to bed and get ready for tomorrow. Church, then lunch with Ashley, John, and David then probably some Panthers football and lesson planning.

Hope your weekend is going well, too!

7 comments:

Claire said...

An owl shower? How darling! Love Downton Abbey far too much :)

Lauren said...

Soooooo fun you got to see everyone at Faith's shower!!!! It turned out ADORABLE!!!! You'll LOVE LOVE LOVE Revenge!!!!!!!! :)

The Garners said...

Fun times! I've never seen Downton Abbey but have heard it's really good. Congratulations to Ashley--that's exciting!

Faith said...

I'm SO glad I got to see you this weekend! Thank you so much for coming to the shower and for the amazing gift - I know it will be a lifesaver. It was so special to have you girls there!

I'm glad the rest of your weekend went well!

Love Being A Nonny said...

Congrats to Ashley! did she tell you I met her? I read Faith's blog and I am so excited for her!!!

Emily said...

Yay! Congrats on grandbaby #2! So exciting for your family!

Immeasurably More Mama said...

It was fun seeing you again, sweet Betsy! I wish we could have spent more time together. You will love your new Keurig!