Sunday, September 30, 2012

Remember September?

It is already the last day of September? It went by so fast!  It has been a really good month, but I didn't have much time to sit down and blog. I guess that's just how real life goes sometimes.

September was mostly spent just working and hanging out with my kids. They have all been coming and going on weekends. 
 
A few weekends ago Mark was home for the weekend. We always love it when he can come home.  I think he took lots of naps and hung out with friends mostly. He wanted to get his bike to take back to Washington. He rides it from his house to the metro station every morning. After church on Sunday we met Ashley, John, and David at Chili's. It was such a beautiful day so we ate outside and Steve and Mark took David down to the lake to feed the ducks.

 
 


Mark is home again this week to study and take the LSAT again. He did really well the first time, but he has his sights set on some top tier law schools, so he wants to try and improve his score even more. This is what is covering my kitchen table again...


And this is his name tag for his internship. It looks so official! :)


I've also been getting back into the routine at school. I love my class and I know this is going to be another good year for me.

Here we are on our first field trip of the year to the James K. Polk house...


 
Every month the PTA does something to appreciate teachers so in September they brought us apple cider donuts from Skytop Apple Orchard and hot apple cider in these cute cups! Believe me, I know I am so blessed to work in such a wonderful school.


I have also spent alot of time lately with this sweet boy.


He is cuter every day and he is starting to talk so much more. I love being able to communicate with him more now. He calls me "Nin" since he can't say Nana quite yet. He loves coming to our house and playing outside and riding on his tricycle and in his car.

He always takes me by the hand and wants me to go places with him which is so cute. One of the sweetest times we've had lately was when he stayed at my house for the afternoon. He woke up from his nap and I could hearing him calling, "Nin! Nin!" So I went and got him up.  And, by the way, don't you love those warm little cheeks right after they wake up from a nap?  I could eat him up!  I got him a popsicle and we just sat on our front steps out in the sunshine sharing it together with him in his cute little sock feet and rosy cheeks. He is so precious to me!

Last week we did the Purple Stride walk for pancreatic cancer.



It was a beautiful day and we got up early and walked 3 miles to raise money and awareness. We all had pictures of Steve's dad on the back of our shirts to remember him.


I know pancreatic cancer is rare, but it is so deadly. I hope they can find a cure soon.

Ashley had her 18 week ultrasound this week, but she is not going to find out what she is having until it gets here. I can't decide if I think it's a boy or girl?? I guess I will know in March!

And I am officially addicted to Downton Abbey. I finished the whole first season and am halfway through the second season. Y'all it is SO good! I love getting my ice cream and my blanket and getting all cozy to watch.


I can't wait for Season 3 to get here in January!

And, finally, I got my hair cut, colored, and highlighted yesterday.


You probably can't really even tell, but at least I'm glad I like it because it sure is expensive to get all that done!! Good grief! I'm hoping it will be at least six more weeks until I need it again.

5 comments:

Lana said...

You sure have been busy! David is so cute!!

dee said...

It looks like you had a great September. David is precious! Good luck to Mark!

Kiki Nakita said...

Betsy,

It's wonderful ya'll took part in Purple Stride. My dad just turned 54 and has been battling pancreatic cancer for close to two years.

All the best.

Melissa said...

You are the youngest looking Grandmother I have ever seen in my life!!

xoxo,
Melissa

Emily said...

September went by so fast! I can't believe it's already October! That's so great that your family did the walk together. What a sweet way to honor his father.

David is a cutie patootie! And so are you with your haircut! :)