Saturday, September 1, 2012

Happy Labor Day Weekend!

Happy Labor Day Weekend! We are just about to die here from all the heat and humidity, but we are still enjoying having a long weekend! Ashley and David came over this morning so David could ride on his tricycle. He LOVES that thing!! And he is so cute riding it!




I am finished with my second full week of school now and our Open House was Thursday night, so I feel like I can kind of breathe a little bit and start really getting into a routine. I'm thankful to have all that behind me!

Football season has started this week, so that has been fun! We watched the Gamecocks play on Thursday night. They won, but it wasn't pretty!


Today we are watching Laura and Lindy's schools (App State and ECU) play each other to open the season. They just texted me and said it was so hot they felt faint so they left early! Haha. Why on earth would anyone schedule a game for 12:00 noon on a 95 degree day??

Last night NC State played Tennessee. Some of our friends who I think might seriously be the BIGGEST UT fans on the planet (they are always wearing orange and their house is decorated with orange and they even have orange and white Christmas trees!) invited us over to watch the game. We had a great time, but it did not go well for State. Brittany even made a Tennessee cake for dessert and made Steve eat it on an orange plate!


We have been busy this week watching the RNC when we could. The DNC is in Charlotte next week, so everyone is expecting lots of crowds and people here. It should be interesting. I love watching the conventions and all the speeches. It is fun to see all the delegates excited about their party.

We have also been watching all the craziness with Hurricane Isaac. I feel so bad for the people in New Orleans. I think I would start to wonder if I really wanted to stay there! Steve's whole extended family lives in Mississippi so they always get hit hard with rain and wind when these hurricanes come through. This is what one of his cousins who lives in south Mississippi posted on her facebook this week!


This week was also Steve's brother, Mike's 50th birthday. We went out to dinner with family and friends and then had a little party for him at Steve's mom's house. He looks like he's taking 50 in stride, right!?? :) This picture makes me laugh.


And we got some exciting news this week! Laura got an official job offer from Digitas, the company she interned with this summer. She was so happy because she LOVED working there. And we were so proud of her!


So, it looks like she will be moving to Boston after she graduates. I will miss her so much, but I know she will love it up there. And I know we will go see her alot too! We are going to put good use to all our frequent flier miles with Mark in Washington and Laura in Boston! All my babies are growing up. It's fun to see what paths they will all take.

6 comments:

Love Being A Nonny said...

Love all your *happenings*....and your positive attitude when your kids move away. I need it to rub off on me!:(

David is adorable and looks so grown up!!

Jason, Betsy, Jackson said...

Go Vols!!!! And your sweet David is so cute!!!!

Christi said...

Love SEC football. Love your great outlook on life!

Lana said...

Go VOLS!! I have been buying UT ornaments since last year and plan to have a UT tree this year! Woot woot!

Claire said...

Oh, congratulations to Laura! What fantastic news!

Meagan said...

Looks like a great time you have been having! Chris and I watched the UT game on date night - I am a HUGE TN fan (he is NOT). LOL. After a few "interesting" game "conversations" we have learned to support each other in fan mode, lol!! :-) I thought of you at my fantasy football draft recently when I drafted Cam Newton and couple of Carolina Panthers! ;-) So glad football season is here and ready for cooler weather!