Saturday, July 21, 2012

Collage Saturday

So...it's Saturday after a crazy week at our house. So much has been going on and I have been taking lots of pictures, but I am calling today "Collage Saturday" just so this won't turn into picture overload!

Here are the highlights of our past week or so...

*My parents' air conditioner broke down last Sunday night. It has literally been close to 100 degrees here every day so there was no way they could stay in their house. So, they came and stayed with us most of the week. That was unexpected, but at least we had some fun time to catch up!

*One day this week when it was so hot, I took my float and my magazines and my iPod to the pool and spent 3 hours there all by myself. That may be my funnest summer day yet! I'm pretty easy to please. I loved it.


*A week or so ago was "Dress Up Like A Cow" day at Chick Fil A, so Ashley and I took David. I don't think I have EVER seen a child love a cow that much! He was on Cloud 9 and it was the cutest thing you've ever seen! He was so excited.


*David has been my little helper lately. He loves to play in the water and has helped me water my flowers. We just love spending time outside together...even when it's hot.


*Mark got an internship in Washington, DC yesterday! He is going to be working for the House Sub-Committee on Europe and Eurasia. He will be starting around mid-August so I am really excited for him. Now he just has to figure out where he's going to live and how he's going to make money since it's not paid. But I think it will be great experience and hopefully help him when he applies to law school.

*Ashley went to see some friends this weekend, so I kept David. I think you can you tell what he likes to do at my house! I had to take more pictures because, hey, I'm a grandma!


*Have you been watching NY Med? It's my new favorite show. If you haven't seen it, you need to. It's so good!


*I took two of my former students out to lunch and to see the movie Brave last week. They are two of the sweetest little girls and I love them. We had so much fun.


One of the little girls had just gotten new shoes from Samaritan's Feet and she was so excited about her new shoes and told me all about how they washed her feet and told her the story of Jesus washing the disciples' feet. She wanted me to take a picture of her shoes. So sweet.


*The other night we had a cookout at Steve's mom's house and she introduced us to these...


Ohmiword! They are de-lish! They are a little sweet and whole lot spicy, which I LOVE. I will be getting these from now on.

*It has literally thunderstormed every. single. afternoon this week. I am now DONE with thunderstorms since Rocky loses his mind every time. Help meeee!!!

I better go now since I hear thunder. Time for the thundershirt and some sedatives! (Maybe I should pop a few of Rocky's myself!)

5 comments:

Vicki @ lifeinmyemptynest said...

My daughter is doing an unpaid internship this summer too. Great experience, but hard to live on. I enjoy reading your blog :-)

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

I am in LOVE with Wickles. My sister's friend got us hooked on them a few years ago. They are my fave--especially on sandwiches. :)

I think David is adorable. You guys are so blessed to live close.

Glad you're having a good summer, Betsy.

Michele said...

I love all of your pictures! Do other people tell you that David looks like Steve and Mark??? I have always thought that!

Rachel said...

David is so sweet :)

I am over these thunderstorms too. I am trying to refinish a dresser, but that's hard to do when i don't get a day of sunshine to let it sit outside and dry!

Meagan said...

I have never heard of Wickles! I'll have to give them a try! Love the pictures of David - what a little cutie! I know y'all enjoyed your time with him while Ashley was out of town!