Saturday, June 2, 2012

Summer Lovin'

Is summer not the best season of all?? I love teaching, but I have to admit that one of the biggest perks about it is having summers off. Woo hoo! I am loving that right about now!

Yesterday Ashley and I took David to our local YMCA water park. Public school is still in here, so it was full of moms and preschoolers and David had the best time! He is such a busy boy these days and he loves to be on the go every minute, so taking him somewhere outside to play is probably his favorite thing in the world. He was so cute coming down the slide and wanted to do it over and over again.




He just about wore his mommy out from all the running around. Now I remember why I had kids so young. I wouldn't have been able to do it now...it takes so much energy! Haha!




This weekend has been pretty low key and relaxing. Today I did a little shopping with the gift cards I got at the end of the year, we put some steaks on the grill for dinner, and then we went to get some frozen yogurt and listen to live music outside. Steve also worked in the yard for a while. Here are some hydrangeas I cut from our bush...


And I am about half way through reading my fifth book for 2012. It is called The Paris Wife and I am really liking it so far.


I am just amazed that I've actually read this many books in 5 months since I usually have such a hard time reading during the school year. Are you reading anything good? I need some suggestions for when I finish this book!

7 comments:

Love Being A Nonny said...

Love that first picture of Ashley and David! I can tell you are having a fun summer already!

I may have suggested this book before but in case I haven't, one of my favorites is *Wisdom Hunter* by: Randall Arthur. Changed me. Truly.

Claire said...

Such sweet photos! Am very much looking forward to our summer break here too.

I really enjoyed 7, by Jen Hatmaker, which I read earlier this year. Interesting, witty, and challenging.

Emily said...

Ashley looks like you in the picture on the water slide!

An easy and good summer read is The Wildwater Walking Club by Claire Cook.

Cherit said...

Your flowers are always gorgeous! Wish we could grow these in Phoenix. Enjoy your summer!

petrii said...

"The Circle Maker" by Mark Batterson
Is a wonderful book on prayer.

Your little g-babe is so sweet. I was so surprised to see him go down that slide. How fun!!

Have a Blessed week,
Dawn

Lana said...

Those pictures of Ashley and David are precious!! He is so cute! Right now, Easton is scared of bath/water so I'm not sure he'd like it but it looked like a lot of fun!

Debra said...

Looks like you had a fun day. I just love that age - even though it is tiring for us!

I just finished reading 'Silver Girl' by Elin Hilderbrand and really enjoyed it. I'm looking for a new one to read so thanks for the recommendation!