Thursday, June 14, 2012

Random Thursday

Right now I am doing one of my favorite things ever in the whole, wide world... sitting on my porch on a summer night with fireflies twinkling in my backyard, Rocky sleeping at my feet, and the sound of crickets and frogs croaking in the background. I've got something good to drink and some good music on and it is just one of those simple pleasures in life that makes me happy.


Today I thought I would just share a few things that have been going on here lately (in no particular order!)

*Thank you for all your sweet prayers for Mark on his LSAT! He won't know for a few weeks how he did. Lots of people have to take it twice, so that may happen. We will see. I know he did his best and he can feel good about that.

*Speaking of Mark, he left today for Kiev on a mission trip with our church. We took him to lunch right before we headed to the airport.


I am praying for safe travels and that it is a wonderful week for them as they minister to the people of the Ukraine. When he leaves there, he and a friend are traveling around Europe for a few weeks. They have been planning this and saving their money pretty much ever since they were in high school. They always wanted to do something fun and adventurous after they graduated from college and before they both got real jobs in the real world, so I am happy that they are finally making that dream a reality.

*We ate dinner at my mother-in-law's house last night and she has the prettiest hydrangeas in her yard! I wish I had her green thumb. Everything she touches turns beautiful and grows like a weed! Haha!


*I got this shirt in Boston when we took Laura and Lindy and I have been wearing it some lately and apparently it causes people to have really strong opinions when they see it.


I was at WalMart the other day and a guy in the store said in a really loud voice, "RED SOX!!!" when I passed by him. It took me by surprise, so I think I must have looked at him funny or something because he just kind of grinned at me and said, "That's a great team!" Haha! Then as I was walking to my car, another guy drove by me and honked and yelled out his window, "Go Red Sox!! Woo hoo!!" Scared me half to death! Then about a week or so later, I actually got "Boo-ed". So, anyway...it's been interesting to see what people are going to do when they see my shirt!

*I know Adele has been out for a long time now, but she is my favorite this summer. I listen to her all the time lately! So good!



*I got together with my sweet second grade team from my previous school the other night. I love them. Even when we can only get together every once in a while, I just enjoy hanging out with them so much and have the best time catching up with them. We had all kinds of appetizers and they were all amazing. I brought Mississippi Sin Dip. You need to try it if you haven't yet. It's delish!

*We have been having so much fun with David lately. We took him to the water park again the other day and then to Chick-Fil-A. He wanted to wear Steve's sunglasses. He makes us laugh with his cute personality!


I bought him a little motorized car yesterday and he LOVED it. We haven't charged it yet but he wanted to ride it anyway and I just about died this morning when I woke up. My back is not used to all that bending over and pushing such a big boy! haha!

*We got my parents a Glo Bible for their computer and iPad.


It is an interactive Bible that is SO cool! For example, if you are studying about the temple in the Old Testament, you just click on that part of scripture and it takes you on an interactive tour of the temple. That is just one tiny example of all the things it can do. I think they are really going to like it. They are both Bible scholars, but you wouldn't have to be a Bible scholar to like it. I would love to have it, too!

*Next week, we are leaving for 10 days in Europe. I think I told you that whole story of how we ended up going with Steve's whole family?? Well, next week is it! I am looking forward to it. We will be going to London, Paris, and Amsterdam.


We are even going to get to see Mark while we are in Paris, so that will be fun!

I think that pretty much catches me up on everything. Steve is home now from taking his "little brother", Nicholas, to the movies, so I am off to go catch up with him!

4 comments:

Lana said...

Sounds like you are having an awesome summer! :) Those flowers are beautiful! Everything I touch seems to turn to weeds too...haha!

Alex and Jill said...

Okay, so Hillary and I were just talking about your awesome porch. When I come to Charlotte to see the babies - I'm going to have to come see your porch too. HAHA!! I have porch envy.

Your kiddos stay so busy...love reading what they're up to and what a fun trip you're about to take!!

I laughed out loud reading the comments on your shirt.

Hope you're having the best summer!

Meagan said...

You are always having so much fun!!! I cracked up at the adventures of your shirt, lol. Cant wait to hear all about your big trip! :-)

Love Being A Nonny said...

Thought I would stop by to see if you had blogged about your trip! Can't wait to read all about it! I have enjoyed your pics on Instagram!