Tuesday, June 5, 2012

I've Got Sunshine On A Cloudy Day

Yesterday I got to spend alot of the day with my sweet baby boy. Ashley had a full day of stuff to do, so she asked if I could keep David for her. And, of course, I was happy to do that!

We seriously had the most fun together. He is such a fun little friend to spend the day with and his cute personality is just a ray of sunshine in my life!

We decided to go to the mall since it was a little cloudy and overcast. We went to Barnes and Noble and played with the train table and read books and hugged Elmo. Then we headed to another play area in the mall where you can ride in cars and crawl through tunnels and climb on things. He loved it and was running from one thing to the next waving at other kids that were there and laughing and giggling. So precious!


We had lunch at Chick-Fil-A in the food court where we had a minor crisis when David slid out of the bottom of his stroller and got stuck while I was ordering! Haha! I got him out pretty quick, though, with the help of a lady in line, and he didn't even cry one tear.


All the fun wore him out. He fell asleep on the way home. I don't thing there is anything sweeter than a sleeping baby!


When we got home, we played chase and hide and seek and played the piano and I showed him how to play Laura's guitar.


We worked puzzles and David met my old teddy bear, Mr. Gimble, who I compare to the Velveteen Rabbit. All his fur (along with his eyes, nose, and mouth) has been loved off over the years!


Then we sat on the couch together and ate goldfish and watched a little PBS until naptime.

When he woke up, I kissed those warm, rosy little cheeks and we went outside to play until Mommy got home. It was such a fun day. He is the most precious little angel. I love spending time with him!!

7 comments:

Bear Girl said...

How sweet, and better yet that you get to be a young Grandma. I bet a lot of people ask if he is your son? Hugs, Genah

Love Being A Nonny said...

The BEST kind of days! He is PRECIOUS!

Alex and Jill said...

I love that kid!! His face in that last pic is priceless. I would love to know what he's thinking about that noseless bear. HAHA!

The Garners said...

What a great day! He is so cute!

Lana said...

How sweet you got a day to love on that sweet boy! I had to laugh about the stroller incident because I could SO see that happening with Easton! :)

Claire said...

Oh, what a precious boy he is. Sounds like a wonderful day.

Angie said...

He is so darn handsome! Sometimes a kids day can really do your heart good!