Sunday, April 1, 2012

Spring Fever

Well, I made it to Spring Break! Hallelujah! I love this time of year and I am so glad I have a whole week to enjoy all the spring beauty and fun and relaxation this week.

I'm convinced that Charlotte is one of the prettiest places on earth during the spring. Everything is blooming and so beautiful. Azaleas, dogwoods, Bradford pears, redbuds, tulips...it's all so gorgeous.


The down side of that is all the POLLEN! We have been swimming in it for the past few weeks and I think we must have swept and mopped our porch about 5 times now and it continues to stay as thick as ever.

School had been super busy with all the spring activities we do. We had a Boosterthon Fun Run this week and Friday we went to the zoo in Columbia, SC. We chartered a bus and took over 65 kids for the day. It was a perfect sunny day and we had a great time.


To get ready for Easter, I have been telling my kids the whole crucifixtion/resurrection story. I have been using these Resurrection Eggs to help me.


If you have children, these are a great way to explain everything. Each egg contains some kind of symbol to help tell the Easter story. I think it is a good way to make everything understandable to them.

Teaching can be exhausting sometimes, but it is rewarding too. When I got back from recess this week, I found this on my desk...


It was so sweet. Things like this make teaching worth it!

Yesterday David came over for a while so Ashley could do some shopping. It was such a pretty day, we stayed outside almost the whole time. I put him in front of some azaleas to take his picture. He looks just like his Daddy in this one!


He loves his Grandaddy! Steve always takes him on walks and puts him on his shoulders and runs around in the yard. Here they are just hanging out together on the front porch...


I brought some water out on the porch and let him play in that for a while. He loved it!




Last night Steve and I went to dinner and then watched the Kentucky v. Louisville game. Now that all my NC teams are out, I have to go with my friend Heather's team, Kentucky.


She is the biggest KY fan on the planet I think, so I am pulling for them in honor of her! :) Her enthusiasm is contageous!

Now, I'm off to start enjoying my Spring Break. Hmmmm....what to do first? Read, take a nap?? The possibilities are endless!

1 comment:

Angie said...

It's Spring Break here this week too! I'm so happy :) I live in Ky so of course I watched the game last night. It was a good game but not nearly as good as Ohio & Kansas! Hope you have a great break!!!!