Sunday, March 25, 2012

Family Time

This weekend Lindy asked me, "Why is it that time around here moves at warp speed?" It made me laugh because that is such an accurate description of our life. They go off to college and I'm sure they have so much more time to relax. Time must move alot slower. But when you get back to our house, you are back on warp speed time where life is super busy and we are constantly on the move!

This weekend was a big weekend at our house because it was Mark's birthday yesterday and it was also my dad's retirement party. Mark brought his girlfriend, Kate, home for the weekend and Laura and Lindy both came home so it was a fun weekend. I made tacos and guacamole on Friday night and we stayed up till 1:30 in the morning watching Carolina and State play basketball. Carolina won, but sadly, State lost. I also watched a little bit of the Baylor game and they won!

On Saturday everybody but me went to see The Hunger Games. I have totally missed out on that. I know it is a huge hit right now, but I am so not a sci-fi person so I don't think I would like it too much.

We had Mark's birthday party on Saturday since Sunday was going to be so busy. I had our whole family plus Steve's mom and my parents over. We grilled out a pork tenderloin and I made Mark's favorite, mashed potatoes and some other veggies. And he isn't a huge fan of cake so I made him a fruit pizza.




Saturday was a beautiful day so we were able get outside a little bit and eat on our porch. I can't believe Mark is 22 and about to graduate from college. Yep...we are living on warp speed!
















Sunday the whole family went to hear my dad preach at a church where he is the interim pastor. We took up about two rows! Then after church, we went to lunch at a yummy restaurant called Hilltop. (I took all these pictures with my phone, so they aren't the best ever.)


Oh my goodness...they had so much good, southern cooking! We pretty much ate like pigs.












That afternoon was my dad's retirement party at church. So many people came to support him and let him know how much his ministry meant to them. It was very sweet.








It was a wonderful weekend full of lots of family time. So, now it is Monday again and time to start another week. Only one more week until Spring Break! Woo hoo! I can't wait. I'm looking forward to not having anything to do except whatever I want to! :)

4 comments:

Love Being A Nonny said...

I love all your sweet family time! Congrats to your dad. I know you all love him so!

I've been to Hilltop many times....in Monroe!

Amy said...

Oh my. You were in my territory. When you mentioned Hilltop I had to look closely at the pictures. It is amazing all the different connections we seems to continue to have. Love reading your blog.

Claire said...

Oh what sweet pictures!

Angie said...

We are on Spring Break next week too & I'm so excited!!! I was hoping to stay super occupied with lots of activities for the kids but Anika's ankle may have put a damper on that. Regardless, we plan to enjoy :)

Warp speed, story of our lives too. I wish sometimes I could just slow things done. Seems life passes by way too quickly.

Enjoyed all your photos. Thanks for sharing. Looks like a wonderful weekend. Hope the week ahead is just as great :)