Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Florida

Last weekend, Steve and I went to Florida for a long weekend. Steve's brother, Mike, lives in West Palm Beach and that is always one of our favorite places...especially in the winter!

I was excited to go, but last week was Teacher Appreciation Week at school, so I didn't want to miss our luncheon on Friday. They are always fun and we get pampered so I wanted to wait till that was over to leave. And I'm glad I did. Our lunch was so nice. They catered in Price's Fried Chicken. That place is well known here in Charlotte for being some of the best fried chicken around. Plus we had some amazing side dishes and desserts. And our tables were so pretty.


They gave away door prizes like a weekend away in the mountains, a day at the spa, and dinner and a movie. I didn't win anything though.


Right after school, Steve picked me up and we flew down to Mike's. The whole weekend was so nice and relaxing. We slept in and drank coffee out on the porch in the mornings.


We browsed around the Green Market...


and went to some street festivals. This picture shows some of the street art we saw. It was amazing!


We ate lots of yummy food. I had these fish tacos with pineapple salsa at Havana Hideaway in Lake Worth. They were featured on Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives, so I figured they must be good and they were!!


We sat outside and listened to live music. (The guy at Havana Hideaway sounded just like Jimmy Buffet. I loved it!)


We went to the pool and we saw The Descendants with George Clooney. Sunday night I watched The Oscars while Steve and Mike watched some slam dunk contest. Haha! We even rode a moped!


We had such a good time. It was hard to come back to reality. Here are a few pictures we took right before we left. (I used my phone to take all my pictures while we were there, so they aren't the best ever.)




This week has been super busy but I think we are finally back into a routine. Steve is flying out to Portland this weekend. He starts a new job on Monday. He has been working at the same place for almost 25 years, so this is going to be a brand new adventure for him. All my kids are on Spring Break either this week or next week, so I am looking forward to getting to spend some time with them. There is always something going on around here! :)

5 comments:

dee said...

Wow, a new job after 25 years! My husband has had the same job for 28 years and says he would like to try something else, but has no idea what since that is the only thing he has ever done. Did Steve stay in the same industry or is he doing something totally different? Florida this time of year is wonderful, isn't it? ;-)

Deidre said...

Florida in February is perfect! So glad y'all got some relaxing time away. Now, just waiting on Spring Break, right? :) We are!

busanalayali said...

This really is wonderful article ! I simply love’d it !
busana muslim

Lisa said...

What a great getaway! Those fish tacos look wonderful!

Meagan said...

Sounds like fun!!!! Hope Steve likes the newjob... post an update on that to keep us posted! ;-)