Sunday, January 15, 2012

Lately

Well, our little nest is empty again. Laura went back to school today so now it's back to just Steve and me. But that's okay. We had such a good time with them home but I know they were ready to get back to school and get back into a routine and see their friends, etc.

School has been busy this week since it is the end of the first quarter. I have been working on getting report cards done and trying to wrap everything up. We also got iPads at school this week!! We played with them a little bit on Friday and my kids LOVED them! If you are a teacher, or even all you moms out there....what are your favorite learning apps for kids around third grade age? I need to get on my iPad and play around and see what's out there.

Guess what else happened this week? David got his first haircut!


His hair was getting long in the back, so Ashley took him to a cute little place called Doolittles and Laura and I met her there. He was so good the whole time and didn't shed a tear. He looked like such a big boy when he was done!


Saturday Laura, Ashley, and I went to Cardio Funk together. It's like Zumba and it's alot of fun. But we danced for a solid hour. Then I stopped and Ashley and Laura kept going for another 15 minutes! Whew! That is a workout! I really like it though. There were about 6-7 men there so I'm going to see if Steve would go with me sometime. haha I think he would like it!

Last night went out to dinner with Laura at Pei Wei.


We just wanted to hang out with her before she had to go back. It's going to be weird without her here. She's been home for a whole month! I will miss her.

Today was a bittersweet day for our family. We went to hear my brother, Blake, preach his last sermon at his church. He started that church 10 years ago and now God has called him to move on to some other things. So today he said goodbye to his congregation and we went to support him and to let him know how much we love him and that we will be praying for him and Angie as they start this new chapter of their lives.


He is an amazing preacher and he has touched so many lives during his ministry there. I know God has big things in store for him.

Tomorrow is Martin Luther King day. That means I get the day off! Woo hoo! Steve and I are planning to go to lunch and do some furniture shopping. We are about to start a kitchen and den makeover, so I will keep you posted!

8 comments:

Life is Now said...

Enjoy your day off tomorrow. I'm looking forward to mine!

The Renfrows said...

We went to Pei Wei on Saturday night too! We must have just missed you (probably because we eat at 5:30 with the people with young kids crowd) :)

Angie said...

Tomorrow is a no school day for my daughter so I'm excited about getting to sleep in!

Love his new haircut, he's just too cute.

Enjoy your Monday :)

Alex and Jill said...

Why do little boys look so much older right after a haircut?? He's so precious.

Enjoy your day off, friend!

Can't wait to hear about the kitchen makeover!!

Lisa said...

My house feels so big and empty these days too! My last one headed back to Chapel Hill a few days ago. Even with a high schooler still here, it is not the same. It is so quiet!

I cannot believe it was haircut time already! Where does the time go?

Claire said...

Enjoy your day off!

Love Being A Nonny said...

David looks like a doll!

It's funny how the new normal at home is kinda' nice really. I love it when my kids are home but I love it when my new normal is back too!

busanalayali said...

Thanks lot for this useful article, nice post..

busana muslim