Thursday, November 17, 2011

Thinking About Thanksgiving

Can you believe how fast November is going? Is Thanksgiving really next week?


I'm am looking forward to having everyone home and having a full house for Thanksgiving dinner. Last year Mark was in Spain and we missed him so much, so it will be nice having him back this year.

Thanksgiving at our house is always a lot of people and everyone brings something so that makes it easy. I do the turkey and a few little things and everyone else does the rest.

This is our Thanksgiving Menu this year (and pretty much every year!)

Turkey & Dressing (do you call it dressing or stuffing? I think in the south we all call it dressing, right?) We have regular dressing and spicy sausage dressing.
Ham
Mashed potatoes
Green beans
Sweet potato casserole
Roasted broccoli
Asparagus casserole
Corn casserole
Strawberry-Pretzel salad
Copper Pennies (marinated carrots)
Deviled eggs
Pink lady salad

Cranberry sauce (this is just right out of the can & sliced up on a plate! haha! But I like it that way & that's the way we've always done it! It goes really good with a bite of turkey & dressing!)
Pumpkin crunch
Apple pie
Pecan pie


And then we pretty much roll ourselves home after that. Lord have mercy!!

Speaking of all that food, I saw this on Pinterest and thought it was cute...


Today my friend, Sophia, gave some good tips on how to make your turkey really moist here. She says to bake it upside down! I may have to try that!

One of the things I love to do at this time of year is burn all those fall Bath & Body Works candles that smell like heaven. And I also put potpourri on the stove sometimes and just let it simmer. I found this recipe for potpourri on Pinterest and I thought it looked really good. My recipe is very similar to this, but this one is so much prettier!


It almost looks good enough to drink, so you know it's going to smell great!

And, this doesn't have anything to do with Thanksgiving, but Steve and I met Ashley and David out for dinner at Q'doba tonight and he was being a cutie pie! So I just wanted to include a picture of his happy little self.


Have a great night!

5 comments:

Meagan said...

You have my mouth watering with that menu!! Sounds A LOT like our Thanksgiving Menu and that's how we do it too (the everyone brings a dish part)! And, I agree, right-out-of-the-can, sliced-on-a-plate cranberry sauce is the way to go! :-)

The Garners said...

Your menu sounds delicious! Happy Thanksgiving!

Love Being A Nonny said...

That sounds like our menu, but we don't do the broccoli. I use whole berry cranberry. Switched a few years ago...love the whole berry. Try it!

David is the cutest thing!!! I know you are enjoying him. Holidays are so much fun when you have little ones around again. We are both so blessed.

Have a wonderful time with your beautiful family!

Alex and Jill said...

Your Thanksgiving menu sounds delicious!! And that pic of David is precious. Love that boy.

Wiz said...

I just moved to another state and am cooking Thanksgiving dinner for the first time for my family. I have no idea what I am making yet but your list helps me get ideas :) Have a great Thanksgiving!