Monday, November 14, 2011

Little Things

This month is the month of thankfulness and I know lots of people are doing a whole month of things they are thankful for. I am not that organized unfortunately, so I haven't been doing that. But I do have lots of things I am thankful for. I think you appreciate things more when you have been through a difficult time. Last year at this time, I was thankful, but I was so stressed out that it kind of overshadowed everything else. This year is a whole different story.

I was just talking to a friend of mine this weekend and she asked me how I was doing and I told her just how much better things are for me this year. I usually am feeling so overwhelmed when holiday time rolls around. It is like I already have so much on my plate that one more thing might just send me over the edge. But this year I am really looking forward to it! I already have my Pandora Christmas music going and I can't wait for all the holiday fun to begin! :) So, number one, is thank you to God for a job I love and for so much less stress. That makes such a big difference!

The past few weeks have been full of all kinds of fun and lots of fall stuff so even though I'm not doing a whole month of thanksgiving, I want to remember a few things that I am thankful for right now! So...here we go!

*The fall leaves.




Every day when I drive through my neighborhood, I feel like I am in a fall wonderland. It is seriously gorgeous. I took a few pictures from my car the other day, but they just don't do it justice because you have to see these leaves up close and in real life so you can get the full effect. So beautiful!

*This sweet boy.



Is this not the cutest face? We kept him on Saturday so Ashley and John could go to a wedding. He was an angel the whole time.

We took him on a walk.




Steve's mom came over for dinner and read to him and helped me give him his bath.


He doesn't want to sit in the bathtub anymore so he is a slippery little thing! I have to hold on to him the whole time.




Here he is all ready for bed...


There is nothing cuter than a baby in pajamas when they are so clean and they smell so good! :)

*Time with my girls.


Laura and Lindy came home for the weekend and we had alot of fun together. We got Starbucks, made cookies, went to lunch after church together...


and did a little Christmas shopping.


Here they are having fun with Ashley and John at the wedding they went to! I love that they have a good time together.


I have been making some of my favorite fall recipes lately, too! I made a big pot of Spicy Chicken Vegetable soup this weekend and I have been sipping on hot apple cider and Russian tea on these chilly nights. Yummm! I've shared these recipes with you before, but I thought I would link up to them again in case you would like the recipes!

Anyway...those are just little things, but I am thankful for all the joy they bring to my life everyday!

3 comments:

Deidre said...

Well, I love your 'thankful list'. I'm so glad you're not as stressed out this year. It makes such a difference to go to a job you enjoy and are appreciated.

Happy Thanksgiving, Betsy!

Kimberly said...

Your grandson is a cutie!

Meagan said...

Great post! This is a magical time of year when we are reminded of things to be thankful for - but I do know how easy it is to get distracted and stressed with everything going on. Glad this year is better for you - enjoy every moment! :-)