Saturday, November 5, 2011

A Little Late

I am a little late to the Halloween party but I want to remember what we did this Halloween since it was our first Halloween with David!

Having a grandbaby came just at the right time for us since all our kids are in college or all grown up now. Halloween just isn't as fun when there are no kids around, so I was glad David got to come help us celebrate this year.

I told Ashley I would keep him last Saturday while she went to lunch with some friends. When she got back, she brought a pumpkin and we carved it.




David was coming down with a little cold/fever virus, so he wasn't really feeling very good, but I think he had fun touching the pumpkin and feeling all those gooey pumpkin seeds!




On Halloween night, we had Ashley and John and David over for dinner. I fixed a big pot of chili and we got ready for the hundreds (and I am not even exaggerating!) of Trick-or-Treaters that always come to our door. We have SO many kids in this neighborhood it's really unbelievable.

Anyway...David dressed up like the cutest lion you've ever seen and Ashley and John took him just to the houses of a few good friends in our neighborhood. He was still sick and wasn't really in the mood to be in a lion costume for very long. haha!








On another note, we are having a wonderful fall. I love living in North Carolina at this time of year because it is absolutely beautiful.


We have been busy working, but on the weekends we have been going to dinner with friends, having David over to play, watching movies and football, and doing things at church. We watched a really good movie a few weekends ago called Limitless.


Have you seen it? We just picked it up at Red Box and we really enjoyed it.

Plus I have also had more time to read! Yippee! I am reading The Friday Night Knitting Club right now and I really like it!


I think tonight we are going to grill some steaks and flip channels between the South Carolina and the Alabama v. LSU game and just lay around in our pajamas!



I hope you are having a good weekend, too!

6 comments:

Alli said...

I love your blog! I lived in Hendersonville until I went to college in Charlotte... Lived in Charlotte until 2003. I miss it so much! Seeing your pics and reading about fall in the Carolinas makes me miss it even more! Cute grandbaby!

Lana said...

David is the cutest little lion. I cannot believe how big he has gotten! Ashley looks great, I love her scarf!

The Renfrows said...

I just finished my current book, Julie Cannons: Love & Homegrown Tomatoes and was trying to figure out what to read next. Thanks for the recommendation.

Christi said...

I just love your blog! Your little grandson is so cute!

Emily said...

What a cute little lion!!

Christal said...

Love it! David is the cutest little lion and he is getting so grown up already it happens so fast!