Saturday, November 19, 2011

Girl's Day Out

Today was fun! This morning I got to keep David for a little while so Ashley and Laura could go to an excercise class. He didn't stay long, but it was enough time to get lots of kisses on his chubby cheeks!


It was a chilly fall day today but he loves to be outside, so we sat on the porch for a little while so he could laugh at Rocky. He LOVES Rocky!


He loved feeling the crunchy leaves, too.


Earlier this week, one of my students from last year called me. I have been missing my class so much but I didn't know how to get in touch with them, so I was so excited when one of my little girls called! I forgot that I gave her my phone number. We talked for a while and I ended up telling her I would love to come get her and take her and any other girls who could go, to lunch and to the mall. It turned out three girls could go, so today was the day to do that!

Oh my goodness...I wish you could have seen how excited they were! They acted like it was Christmas or something. We had the best time! We went to Chik-Fil-A, Justice, Claire's, Yoforia, Bath and Body Works, and they just giggled and talked their heads off. They were so cute. I told them that over Christmas maybe they could come over and bake cookies and watch a movie. I love them!














Tonight I took dinner to some good friends of ours who had a baby boy last week. Their story is really a miracle so we are sooo happy for them to finally get that precious child here!


We grilled hamburgers for dinner even though it's cold and now we're watching Water For Elephants since Steve hasn't seen it yet. Tomorrow all my kids will be home from college and I will have a full house again. It's going to be a good week!

3 comments:

Kodi said...

You're such a sweet grandma and teacher.

lkm said...

all teachers, moms, friends and grandmas should want to be as awesome as you. :)

taylor nguyen said...

um... hi mrs.maddox its me here taylor. ur a gr8 teacher and always will be -taylor,ur 3rd grade 2010-2011 student