Thursday, October 6, 2011

What I Love About October

October is here! This is one of my favorite months for lots of reasons. One of the best things about it is the weather. Today was a perfect example of one of those perfect fall days where the temperature is exactly right and you wish you could stay outside the whole day. (I did let my class play outside just a little longer than usual today just because it was too gorgeous to come back inside!)

October is also the month my hubby was born so that's a great thing, right? Today was his birthday and I am so thankful for him. We have fun together and just enjoy sharing life together. God has blessed me by giving me such a wonderful person to live my life with. (He also happens to have a twin sister, Susan, so I wanted to wish her a happy birthday, too!)

Anyway...we went to dinner at one of his favorite places tonight...Cajun Yard Dog. It's never a small gathering when our family gets together and we always have fun catching up. We love their fried catfish and cheese grits. And we got a big piece of their chocolate pecan pie for dessert and we all shared it.


It was Steve's birthday, but David was really the center of attention!




And Lindy and Mark were both home for fall break, so that was fun.







My parents joined us, too, but I didn't get their picture somehow!

Another thing that I love about October is our trips to the mountains. We go every year and this weekend we are headed up there to celebrate a little bit more with Laura and just to enjoy the leaves and the beauty!

And October is the month of fall breaks! Laura and Lindy are on theirs right now and next week the three of us are headed to New York City for a long girl's weekend. I can't wait!

One more thing I'm looking forward to this month is getting an iPhone. I've never had one, but I have an iTouch and Steve has an iPad and I know I am going to love it. I was sad to hear that Steve Jobs died this week. His creativity and vision and accomplishments were amazing. I will remember him while I'm on my new iPhone! :)

Hope you're having a good October!

4 comments:

The Garners said...

I love October, too! Your trips to the mountains and to NYC both sound great--have fun!!

Love Being A Nonny said...

Have a great weekend next weekend in New York. I want to plan a trip like that for me and my girls! Can't wait to see your pics!

P.S. David is adorable!

Meagan said...

I love October too! There is nothing like fall and FALL BREAK! Even though I'm not teaching, I still enjoy the "perks" of a school schedule. :-) OH, an dyou are going to LOVE love LOVE your iphone!!! :-)

His Doorkeeper said...

October and all things fall are my favorites....even more than Christmas! Just love the colors of fall!

You will LOVE your iphone. I was the last one in the family with one and I don't think I could ever go back to the old kind!

Your grandbaby is just precious!