Saturday, September 10, 2011

This Week

It has been a nice quiet weekend here. This week went by fast since we only had four days. Several things I was thankful for this week...

1-Since I teach at my church's school, the preschool is also right there. So I got to go down when I had a minute and see David in his little class. I love that I can get a baby fix whenever I want one! That is a definite benefit of working there.

2-I am always somewhat tired on Fridays, but I am much less tired this year than I was last year. Last year on Fridays I felt like I was just dragging myself home and all I wanted to do was collapse on the couch and not move for the rest of the night. But I guess since I have less mental stress, I just have more energy! Yipee! So Friday afternoon after school, I met Ashley and David for frozen yogurt. He looked adorable in his little red gingham overalls. And he was loving that yogurt!






Friday night Steve and I used a gift card to Carraba's that my parents had given us for our anniversary. Then we came home and watched the Dateline special on 9/11. (I want to write more about that tomorrow. What a heart-wrenching time that was!) Amazingly, I stayed up for the whole show! Believe me, that is a small miracle.

3-The weather has finally cooled off a little, praise the Lord! One afternoon this week I just took a book out on my porch and read while Steve mowed the grass. It was so nice and pleasant outside. I think fall is finally on its way.

4-This morning Ashley brought David over and we went on a little walk around the neighborhood while it was still cool. That was so nice. I hope I can do that more since I won't have to sweat to death.

5-And finally, two teaching things...

First, I bought this book this week and it is really good. I happen to love Ron Clark and think he is one energetic, dedicated individual. I wish I could visit his school just to admire the work he and his staff of teachers do. They inspire me!


Second, Pinterest is a gold mine, y'all. Seriously. I love all the teaching ideas (and just ideas in general!) that I have gotten on there. This is one new teaching blog that I found...


It is full of good ideas and information. I can't wait to browse my way through it.

Tonight we are making some chili and watching the South Carolina game and not doing much of anything. That's a good Saturday to me!

2 comments:

lkm said...

That sounds like a lot of fun! I want to sit around and watch chili with ya'll! You should've been at the game today, it was so chilly once the sun went behind the stadium that I had goosebumps! Miss you and love you!

lkm said...

hahaha I said watch chili haha!