Friday, July 1, 2011

Breathe

Today is July 1st?? Aaahhh...my summer is going by so fast! We have some fun plans for July so I am looking forward to it.

The past week has been pretty laid back with not too much going on.

We have just been doing lots of summer stuff. Laura and I went to the pool together the other day and enjoyed reading magazines and talking and just being outside.


I have been doing lots of reading, but lately I have to hold everything at arms length to see it. So I broke down and bought some cheap reading glasses at Wal-Mart. They have really helped, but I feel officially old. Haha.


Is frozen yogurt a huge deal where you live? We have had so many fro-yo places pop up over the past year or so! Some of our favorites are Pinkberry and Yoforia. The other night we went out and met my mom and my niece for yogurt. John and Ashley came and brought David. We thought he looked so cute in his little hat. Steve was teasing and said he looked like the Gorton's Fisherman! :)


I got to keep David two days this week so that was fun. We read books and played peek-a-boo and he showed me how he can roll over both ways. I bought him an excersaucer and he loved it now that he can reach for his toys!



We have had a thunderstorm or two at night this past week, but I have found the secret to keeping Rocky from barking like a maniac!! I got a squirt bottle and filled it with water and every time he barks, I squirt him. It is like magic. It only took a couple of times doing that and now if he just sees the bottle, he stops barking! You just don't know what a breakthrough this is. He literally drives me insane when it is thundering.

I have been loving this slower pace. I needed it so much after the crazy busy past year. I am very thankful for some time to be still and breathe!

6 comments:

  1. Great post! I finally switched over to contacts after I got tired of the reading glasses! You look good in them!

    I just took a picture at our yogurt place to do a post! We have *Moonberries*...along with some others but Moonberries is my favorite. They are getting ready to open one in Charlotte! Try it!

    LOVE the happy picture of David! He is adorable!

    Have a great 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  2. David is just SUCH a cutie pie! He's growing SO fast, too!

    Love your glasses! I had to get some, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You might try a Thundershirt for your dog. My dog is afraid of loud noises (also blind) and shakes. The vet recommended it and it really helps. The online video said it helps with barking etc... just a thought. Your grandson is precious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear that you are enjoying your summer and able to spend time with family relaxing. You look really good in your glasses! I'm younger than you and I need to use mine for reading almost everything these days so don't feel bad. David so so cute and he has such a great smile! I can't believe how much he has grown. Happy 4th of July.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post... I love your glasses! :-) David is a litle butterball, I could just sqeeze him! :-) Frozen Yogurt has been popping up around here too! My favorite is Sweet CiCis where you get your own and then there is an entire wall of toppings and (my favorite) and huge fresh bar of toppings like fresh blue berries and strawberries, etc to top off your cold treat! YUMMY! Hope y'all have a happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look so cute in your glasses! I desperately need new ones. Sounds like you're having a great summer so far. Love me some David...he's so stinkin' cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I love reading them all! :)