Saturday, July 30, 2011

Saturday

Today was an early morning at our house...especially for a Saturday. Steve has been wanting to take me to a Greenway near our house that he really likes. So I said I would go with him today. In the Greenway, there are over 20 miles of man-made trails that wind through the woods. It's very pretty and mostly shaded. It has been about a million degrees here lately, though, so the only way in the world I was going to go was to get up early before it got too hot!


Unfortunately, I guess we didn't get up quite early enough because I was sweating like crazy by the time we finished our walk. We went almost 4 miles. Even though it was hot, I had fun just having some time to talk to Steve and enjoy being together! And I was amazed at how many people were out running, walking, and biking. It was ALOT!! I think I'll enjoy it even more once it cools off a little.

Every Saturday this summer I have been tutoring two little girls who were in my class last year. I taught at a Title 1 school and most of my students were Hispanic. Some of them really need extra help since they have such a language barrier. So I have been going over to their house and helping them work on reading and math over the summer. I love tutoring and working with students one-on-one. We have fun together and they are so sweet and cute. I wish I could see all my students over the summer. I miss them!


Tonight I took dinner to a couple in our Sunday School class who just had their first baby. When we started our class, everyone in there was newlyweds. Now almost every couple has a baby or is expecting one soon. It has been so much fun watching all these little families growing!

Mark came home from school today, too! He has a few weeks here before he goes back for the fall. I am so glad he's home. We have missed having him here! I cooked hamburgers for dinner and Ashley brought David over to eat since John was working. Laura and Lindy were having a little fun when they were cutting up the lettuce and tomato for me. They pulled a piece of lettuce off and decided it could be a little hat since it fit David's head perfectly! Haha! I had to take a picture! I thought it almost looked like one of those Anne Geddes pictures! :)


We gave David a bath over here and then got him dressed in his little pajamas. He smelled so good. There is nothing sweeter than a baby fresh out of the bath. I could kiss that child all day long.


I love Saturdays!

3 comments:

  1. When I saw David I just thought of a cabbage patch kid! lol. He's such a little butter ball... I just want to squeeeeeze those little cheeks! lol. :-) I love our Greenway, but haven't been able to enjoy it this summer because of the heat! It's great in the spring and fall!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that picture with the lettuce is just precious!

    Cxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is so cute!! Love the anne geddes look that is awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I love reading them all! :)