Today is just a random, bullet point kind of day.
*First of all, how in the world is it already August?? This summer is going to go down as one of the quickest summers of my life. Tomorrow we are going to the beach for one last time and then it is back to work for me! I AM getting excited about a new school year though. Did I tell you I got a job in a private Christian school teaching third grade? And the school just happens to be my church's school! I worked there about 15 years ago and now I am coming back. I am excited because:
1. I already know alot of the teachers there and some are my really good friends (not to mention the parents and students)!
2. I will be able to sleep an extra hour an a half this year! Y'all know how much I hated getting up at 5:00 in the morning. Oh my goodness, that was pure torture! This is going to be so wonderful.
3. My commute to school is only about 10 minutes. Yay! Less time and less gas!
4. I actually have an assistant this year! She was so sweet and had me over for coffee the other day and I am really looking forward to working with her.
5. I have some fun ideas and new things that I am looking forward to trying out. I get excited every year about tweaking things and trying out new ideas.
I saw this today on Pinterest and I really liked it. I think it will be hanging in my room somewhere!
*We rented The Lincoln Lawyer the other night because Ashley had recommended it. I would give it a "two-thumbs-up"! It was really good.
*We finally got some rain last night, thank goodness! Our grass is getting brown and crunchy since it has been so hot. Today I actually had to throw away some of the plants I had outside because even though I have been watering them, they were just too burned up.
And, just a report on the thundershirt we got Rocky....I would give it a C. It seems to calm him down somewhat, but if it is thundering outside, he still barks. I think he is a hopeless case. Sad.
*It is college dorm shopping time again. I took Laura shopping today and she got these cute pictures for her apartment at Pier 1. They are so her! :)
*The last I heard, it looks like we are going to avoid a major debt crisis. Hasn't this whole thing been crazy?? I don't even know what to say.