Thursday, July 21, 2011

Fun In Destin

Yesterday I told you about the beginning of our vacation....going to the Braves game and to the Georgia Aquarium. Once we left there on Sunday, we drove to Destin, Florida and that's where we've been for the rest of the week. It has been very relaxing with the usual beach fun.

We have been getting out on the beach early each day to set up our canopies. The sun is so hot here, if we didn't have those we would be burned to a crisp! (Some of us are anyway!)

It has been so nice not to have anything to do but just relax on the beach. Sometimes when I'm lying on the beach, I think about what I would be doing at that same time of day if I was at work...and then I just sigh and smile. This is what you dream of all winter when you are in that everyday reality of freezing weather and non-stop working. That's why I LOVE SUMMER!!

After our day on the beach, we have usually been going out to dinner and going to play putt-putt or cards or dominoes or taking an evening stroll on the beach. It has been so nice.

I could tell you everything, but I think you can get the idea from our pictures!














Here is some of our fun after the sun went down...

Dinner at Jim and Nick's BBQ, playing Putt-Putt, and riding go-carts...






Dinner out at AJ's Seafood and walking on the beach...


Tonight we are headed out for some Italian food and then tomorrow we leave for a family reunion in Mississippi. I am sad we're already leaving. This week has gone by so fast. I will miss the beach!!

4 comments:

Claire said...

Looks like such fun!

Cxx

Brandie said...

Found your blog on Kelly's Korner...I'm a teacher/artist in Tennessee. We take the same vacations:)! Loved the visit!

Meagan said...

I wish I was there!!! lol. This is the first summer in my life I haven't been to the beach! Enjoy every moment!

Christal said...

Your family always has so much fun! love reading about all your adventures love the little fashion clip your girls are all so beautiful!!